1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dexter and Weeds

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Sam I Am, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Okay, last night I watched an episode of each for the first time.

...now someone explain to me why they are supposed to be so good?

I give Dexter one thing, it's an interesting storyline (being a serial killer that is), but I didn't see anything spetactular about the show. May be I just saw a semi boring episode may be? This is the one were I guess his wife died and they are planning the funeral.

Weeds, well that show was just straight up ignorant. It isn't even a sci-fi, yet not a single second of it was believable. I'll pass on Weeds. Dexter I'm willing to give another shot.
  2. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I suggest you start from the beginning if you are going to have an informed opinion.

Dexter is the Best show on TV.

Weeds was a very good show at the start..but admittedly has lost it's way.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I agree with Concord on Dexter. You have to watch it from the beginning to really get it.

Weeds......I have been watching it, up to season 4, and waiting for some reason to really care about it. I haven't found it. The only character I really like is the youngest kid.
  4. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Yeah, starting in the 5th season doesn't give it justice at all. I thought the same thing when a couple years ago when I saw one on TV (the one where dexter and deb go on a double date) pretty sure it was the first season and I didn't think it was all that good. Then I decided to give it a chance and watch the whole first season and am completely addicted.

I probably like it more because I bought all the first four seasons and watched them consecutively (in about 1.5 months) and the suspense and drama just grabbed me and kept me intrigued throughout.
  5. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He is a good part of the show.

He's hard core now.

:D
  6. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    haven't watched weeds so cant comment. dexter you just have to watch from the beginning, the storyline just gets deeper and more interesting. but you already ruined the climax of season 4 by watching the episode you did
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    When the weeds show has went down hill a great deal. Still a few laughs here and there but nowhere near close to the first couple of seasons. So far this season I watched them after they got on demand and only because I was bored and nothing else was on. Used to be I could not wait till the next episode now I can wait till some pass and when I am bored.

As far as Dexter. As others have said, you really need to have the back story or that episode when have made no sense to you. I can only imagine what someone watching it for the first time would think esp when Harry comes on screen.

It really is a good show and one of the best series on TV right now.
  8. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is that the guy I think was his dad talking to him in the mirror?
  9. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Yeah.
  10. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If you don't even have that basic fact...you're lost.

Which is why you need to start from the beginnning.
  11. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My problem is the only thing on TV that I even attempt to schedule to watch are Cowboys games. Everything else I watch on TV, just happens to be on when there is actually time to watch TV.

I have MLB.tv to watch the Rangers, but I seldom get to watch entire games live if at all. The best thing about MLB.tv is the condensed games after the fact. Basically they show you all the PLAYS. (ie, outs, walks, scoring, etc) That smashes the entire game down to about 10 minutes. If I already know the score, watching a 3 hour game is pretty difficult to do with my limited time. (though sometimes I will listen to the entire game while at work the next day and open the window when a good play happens)
  12. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Don't you have a DVR?
  13. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of course, but it still requires making time to watch it! Most of my TV time is either while eating breakfast (news) or about a half hour when I'm winding down before bed. (usually History/Science Channel/ESPN/NFL Network)

There is a reason you guys don't see me much around here in the evenings or weekends. I flat out don't have much free time.
  14. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Yeah, I was all excited to get my girlfriend into Dexter starting with this new season. I tried to explain to her the premise of the show beforehand in about 5 minutes. Then it started, and I find myself saying "that's his dad" and stuff like that. Needless to say, she was asleep about 10 minutes in...:laugh2:
  15. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If you don't like Dexter then you must be from NORTH KOREA.

Damn North Koreans and your not understanding the AWESOMENESS that is Dexter. :banghead:

Seriously, I don't understand anyone not "getting" Dexter. Best show ever ever ever.......ever ever ever.
  16. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not me I watch a ton of TV and tape all kinds of stuff.

Too much really to watch in fact.

Now that I have Multi room DVR...it's gotten worse.

:D
  17. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Lose lips, sink ships! :laugh2:

[IMG]
  18. urface59

urface59 Active Member

1,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Weeds is awesome. Yeah the first couple seasons are better but it's still great imo.
  19. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You picked quite possibly the absolute worst episode of Dexter to start with.
  20. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,460 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    The first two seasons of Dexter were absolutely awesome. You should have started from the beginning.