1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dez and Angela DC: Bryant To Hold Press Conference Tuesday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    Just eight days after the Cowboys receiver turned himself in to DeSoto, Texas police on charges of domestic violence stemming from a July 15 incident involving his mother, Dez and Angela Bryant will appear together at a press conference on Tuesday.

The briefing is slated for 2 p.m. (CT) at the Dallas office of Bryant’s attorney, Royce West, who will update the case. According to multiple reports, Angela Bryant will not pursue charges, though the District Attorney can still choose to do so.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Tuesday/32a7743f-9418-4eb9-b1e5-00153ccf6ea3
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,584 Likes Received
    Don't know if that is the smartest move to make. Might be better off just putting out statements from both.

Seems like the possibility for a train wreck is high in this setting...but maybe that is just me being paranoid.
  3. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Could turn into Jerry Springer show!
  4. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

660 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    How would his attorney get any face time if they just issued statements?
  5. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,530 Messages
    212 Likes Received

I'm with you BP, I think a joint statement is the best option.
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    is this going to be aired at 2pm anywhere?
  7. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,270 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Great, now he will smack her around infront of the press.
  8. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,708 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    Dez nor Angela will be speaking. Just the attorney.

Whew.
  9. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Found this at Shango's website: http://thedallascowboyshow.com/

So the dynamic duo will be holding a presser at 2pm central time today, read here.
    Just eight days after the Cowboys receiver turned himself in to DeSoto, Texas police on charges of domestic violence stemming from a July 15 incident involving his mother, Dez and Angela Bryant will appear together at a press conference on Tuesday.

The briefing is slated for 2 p.m. (CT) at the Dallas office of Bryant’s attorney, Royce West, who will update the case. According to multiple reports, Angela Bryant will not pursue charges, though the District Attorney can still choose to do so.

Go here to watch the presser live at 2pm central.

Making some calls right now to see if there will be a live feed to this thing in [either] video or audio. Will update ASAP.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,584 Likes Received
    :laugh2: @dynamic duo
  11. iceberg

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    ok, the DJs are mad cause no one gave them something to kick around.

wait for the facts. what a concept.
  12. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    105.3 The Fan -- The Rage personalities are upset. Said Royce West duped them. Apparently he got up and said, "On advice from his counsel, Dez Bryant will not speak," or some such. West then apparently read about a 3-minute prepared statement that didn't get into any real details at all.

Greggo (I think) just said... "Royce West is a ghetto, blood-letting con man." Very unhappy. LOL.
  13. iceberg

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    yea, nothing like spouting crap like that to get attention.

it's also exactly when i quit listening.
  14. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    What a waste of time
  15. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Me too.

The line I quoted was sort of funny, I thought, but when they kept acting all personally indignant and outraged, I tuned out. Nothing newsworthy is gonna come from that.

Just more B 'n' M'ing to fill air time, as far as I could tell.
  16. wittenacious

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas-based attorney Royce West issued a statement Tuesday afternoon on the behalf of both Dez and Angela Bryant.
    “Mr. Bryant and his mother, Angela are appearing here today because they feel it is important to address recent reports that Mr. Bryant committed family violence against his mother. Although Dez would like to speak to this matter, on the advice of counsel, he will not make any statements at this time.

Did a family disagreement occur? Yes. Did Dez Bryant commit family violence against his mother? No.

They are here together today to show they do love and support each other, just as much as they did before the incident a week ago. But like all families, the Bryants have disagreements.

Mr. Bryant and his family understand the serious nature of family violence. They believe when all the facts are reviewed, Mr. Bryant will be cleared of any allegations of family violence.

Angela Bryant does not want charges filed against her son. Ms. Bryant has had an opportunity to speak with other people who witnessed the incident and has filed an Affidavit of Non Prosecution with the DeSoto Police Department. She recognizes that under the law, filing of the affidavit may not impact the legal outcome of her complaint. She asks that her affidavit be taken into consideration in deciding whether it is in the best interest of her family for this to continue in the legal system or allow them to resolve the issue as a family.

Dez and his mother believe this is a family matter that can be worked out through counseling.

They ask there not be a rush to judgment concerning their family. They also ask for your continued prayers and support for their family as they work through this matter.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...atement-/4ee62ad9-fcf8-4dbb-989d-5f2557e5c6ed
  17. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

869 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    She's just trying to CYA and protect her meal ticket now.
  18. iceberg

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    this is BS - regardless of what is said as "facts come out" - blow them off and insert your own agenda.

this is what will be happening next. 'er, keep happening.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    2,344 Likes Received
    So that was what we were waiting for? LOLOLOLOL

Apparently, Dez didn't think we had access to the internet. Dez wants it to go away, and mama wants her crack money to continue flowing.

Got it!

Now let's hear from the DA and Goodell before we decide to just move on. They hold the key.
  20. iceberg

28,347 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    he (and 99% of the posters in here) just wish YOU didn't.

broken record w/volume on high.