1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dez Bryant: “I’ll be 100 percent for New England”

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gryphon, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    October 5th, 2011
    by Russ Loede

“I’m about 80-85 percent,” Bryant said after Wednesday’s light practice at Valley Ranch.

Then came this bold statement from Dez: “I’ll be 100 percent for New England.”

LINK: http://www.cowboysgab.com/
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Talk is cheap... I have a wait and see approach with this guy.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,782 Messages
    2,509 Likes Received
    I consider that cheap talk.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,324 Messages
    4,471 Likes Received
    If Romo plays turnover free football, we can win.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    FIFY ;)
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,675 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Dude the kid has been ballin hurt and he's looking forward to being 100%. What's cheap about saying that, I don't get it!!!
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,838 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I think we should have sat him a week after the injury. This guy 100% is a game changer.
  8. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    15 Likes Received

Why? He was evidently hurt after the punt return in game 1. He didnt play in san fran. He barely practice the week he played the redskins. He was limited in practice and listed as questionable against the lions. (honestly should not have needed in him in the 2nd half anyway) He was 1 of 2 or 3 players that did not quit under Wade last year.

What exactly are you waiting to see?
  9. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just hope he's 100% (or near there) after the game. I swear, Dez hits the ground harder than most players. It's as if gravity pulls him down extra hard, as punishment for how effortlessly he defies it.
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If that is the case he's the best player aside from Brady and Ware on the field.
  11. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    At what point will Tyron enter that conversation. After a year or two. Just curious about your opinion.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would say give him a couple of years. He's a great athlete he just needs to bulk up a bit IMO.
  13. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,205 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    If Romo plays turnover free football, we will win.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,450 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    I sure hope he's 100%. If he is he's going to be a nightmare for the Patriots defense.
  15. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,785 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    I like the avatar, thechosen1n2.

Can you explain the significance? The Cowboys have won five Super Bowls. Right? What's with the broken finger?
  16. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    "With Bryant and Austin in the lineup, and adding the solid play of Laurent Robinson, the passing attack should provide the Patriots, who are last in the NFL against the pass, with some trouble."

Would be sweet to see all three in there healthy with Witten against the Pats with the worst pass defense in the NFL! Have they been hurt or do they just sorta suk this year?

Tex
  17. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,359 Messages
    853 Likes Received
    nope...their D just blows this year
  18. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    He is not yet a better player than Sean Lee, Ratliff, Witten, Miles or Romo. I'm even tempted to say that Tyron Smith has shown more in his short career than Dez has. From the NE roster I think Wes Welker, McCourty, Matt Light, Logan Mankins and Vince Wilfork are also probably better players right now.

Does Dez even have two 100-yard receiving games to his credit? To answer my own question he has one 100-yard game - he got 104 yards against the Giants last year.

I see the potential in the kid but I haven't seen much production at WR yet. He needs to know his routes, work on his route running, learn all his adjustments and learn to preserve his body better out there. Otherwise all he will ever be is potential.

I agree that Dez can become the second best player on our roster behind Ware but I am not convinced he will ever get there. I would be happy if he becomes a big play complement to Miles Austin and Jason Witten and I think he will get there if he keeps himself healthy and avoids any off the field infractions.
  19. TOYSTER17

TOYSTER17 Pimpstocious and Pimpalicious

348 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I believe it depicts Kobe Bryant's hand. He had that finger taped up most of the season after hurting/breaking it before winning ring number 5.

Of course, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. :D
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry I should've put in paranthesis (in terms of pure football talent)