1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dez Bryant Deprecated Warren Moon’s Comments With Solid 2011 Season

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 11, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    by Jeric Griffin
    NFL Network Manager

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant can’t catch a break. However, he’s still plugging along after multiple lawsuits against him and everyone from here to Timbuktu criticizing his play, effort, maturity and intelligence. Houston Oilers Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon recently took a shot at Bryant, but Cowboys team owner Jerry Jones defended his young star. Bryant doesn’t need help, though; he’s taking everything in stride.

Moon recently used an analysis of Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon to blast Bryant during a recent radio interview. He said “[Blackmon] is like Dez Bryant with all of his brain cells” and “he’s not a knucklehead [like] Dez Bryant.”

As mentioned, Bryant has had his share of on- and off-field issues, but he’s come a long way from the immature freak of an athlete that entered Valley Ranch almost two years ago. Bryant not only has become a force on the football field, but he’s also cleaned up his act off it.

Naturally, Jones fired back at Moon with an honest assessment of Bryant in a positive manner.

Read the rest: http://www.rantsports.com/dallas-co...warren-moons-comments-with-solid-2011-season/
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    i had to look up what deprecated meant
  3. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,520 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Warren Moon is the last person to talk about a players off field problems.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    Warren Moon is like a Dan Marino who beats his wife and drives drunk.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    But without the skills, the records and stats.
  6. 88 enough said

88 enough said Member

230 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude you dont have a clue if your dogging out Warren Moons ability to play QB. WM is only calling it how he sees it. Its up to Dez to learn to read a defense, to make a play AFTER the first quarter has expired and to take advantage of the opportunity he has to play football in the NFL. Thats on DEZ. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its probably a duck. DEX pisses me off because he has all the talent in the world and dont take advantage of it.
  7. 88 enough said

88 enough said Member

230 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DEX DEZ potatoe, puTAtoe.
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Dude. Ok, that never gets tired. :lmao2:

Compared to Marino????

Anyway, the guy was a fumble machine. I have no respect for anyone who is a drunkard and beats women. As far as I'm concerned he was dirt.

As for Dez, You don't have a clue if you think the guy should be Jerry rice in a total of a season and a half in the last three years. But you go ahead. Keep trashing the guy.
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Something tells me Warren Moon's going to look very dumb with these comments in the future.

Dez is more of a big kid, no issues with the law/crime.

Something about Blackmon rubs me the wrong way.
  10. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,523 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    It always makes me laugh when hypocrites like this guy can criticize others. This guy is a multiple DUI and spousal abuser and a freaking choke artist as a player.
  11. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what are these on the field issues he speaks of? :confused:

he hasnt had off the field issues either IMO.....his financial situation is a personal issue