1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez Bryant poo hoo thread

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by FiveRings, Nov 23, 2012.

1. raichledog

raichledog Member

158 Messages
    7 Likes Received

Are you kidding me? The guy put his helmet under Dez's chin as he was tucking the ball away. There isn't a receiver in the NFL that completes that catch. If the guy hits him a split second later, once he can tuck the ball then it's a different story but he is still bringing the ball down. Can't put that on Dez, it was just a good (all be it illegal) play by the db.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    So the one route you can come up with that you think Dez ran wrong, even though you mentioned that he's run so many wrong ones yet you can't tell me which ones, wasn't even a case of Dez running the wrong route.

It was a case of both players needing to make a read on the play, Dez read that the CB was jumping the short route.. which he did.. so he made the move to get around him and was open. Tony read that the CB was staying back.. which he didn't.. and threw the ball to the short route. IMO.. Tony made the wrong read on the play, not Dez.

Basically, this whole "he dun runz the wrong rootz" crap needs to stop. No one here is qualified to judge what pattern he's assigned to judge on any particular play and how well he ran it. If someone shows me a copy of the Cowboys playbook and a walkie talkie with JG on the other end to listen in to the playcalls every week, then maybe you can talk about what routes Dez is running. Until then.. lets stop.
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lol only on cowboyzone.
    Play better than anyone in the league.... so what, you still suck.

The way that some of you guys demand nothing but the best makes me wonder how successful you are irl.
  4. raichledog

raichledog Member

158 Messages
    7 Likes Received

I'm as big a fan of Dez as there is but I'm not blind or deaf. On that play Dez ran the wrong route. Tillman jumped up and then backed off after the snap. Tony read - correctly - that he was off and Dez is supposed to run a hitch in front of the db there. Instead he ran right by him and Tony threw the ball right where he was supposed to be. The coaches, Dez, everyone said the same thing.

Dez is improving DRAMATICALLY, and his potential is through the roof and I love the direction he is on. But to say he hasn't made those kinds of mistakes is just silly.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Great post buddy. Look I'm not saying Dez is bad and I'm saying that he's playing BETTER. But the way you guys act that he's turned some 180 after having a career day against Buster Skrine is ridiculous. He's SUPPOSED to burn him!
  6. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    He is going to among the league leaders this year.
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,859 Messages
    2,340 Likes Received
    no it doesnt need to stop

why is it that romo is able to hit witten in the correct place but not Dez?

Dez has a few screws loose, runs the wrong routes, makes the wrong adjustments, and has a lot to learn, after all he has ONLY been in this offense for 3 years :rolleyes:
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    YOu mean the play where he went up high to grab the pass and got hammered by the DB as he was trying to pull it in? THAT play in the EZ with 54 secs to play? That one?
    :confused:
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Great ones like Calvin Johnson? Who I think they said leads the league in drops.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,437 Messages
    5,993 Likes Received
    lol is this a serious thread? of all players, we're whining about dez after that game. wow...some of you guys have a serious agenda with this kid.
  11. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,205 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    Are you referring to the play where the safety came over and nailed to ball with with crown of his helmet and dislodged it..? Cause that is not a drop... it was a great play by the safety. Dez had a hell of a game yesterday. His second TD catch was incredibly difficult and he made a great play. Stop hating on the kid who's been dominating the past 2 weeks.
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh, that was no joke. HE was going to nail Hall and resisted the temptation as you could tell by his reaction after as he looked around for an official. He was hot about it and controlled himself. And Hall didn't think he was joking either because he flinch when Dez did that.
  13. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    It's a 1 to 53 effort and it isn't just regarding this game, it's in response to all the pro Dez threads
  14. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,646 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Seriously. It is sad.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I guess you subscribe to the theory if you tell a lie long enough and say it loud enough it becomes the truth.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, because after all the negative Dez threads he shouldn't have a pro Dez thread when he deserves it.

What the hell is the matter with our fan base?

:bang2:
  17. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I like Dez! I wear my Dez jersey damn near every Sunday, this wasn't meant to be a bash thread.
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some of you are unbelievable. :laugh2:

Dez is 9th in total recieving yards. He's playing phenomenal.

Blaming him for last night is just ridiculous.
  19. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Who's blaming him for anything?
  20. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,732 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    Dez has been great the past couple of games. But it makes me wonder why these crossing routes that Dez was running yesterday haven't been used all year. I know that Austin is usually the one who runs the crossing routes in this offense, the few times the Red ******* calls them.

Dez can be a star if used in this manner, and not just running up the numbers on the same patterns every play. I also think that Harris can and should be used running crossing patterns as well and both Dez and Harris running from the slot or going in motion. The offense has to change!