1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez Bryant ran an unconfirmed 4.57 at Tuesday's private workout. if he did, he Falls!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 30, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant-WR- Player Mar. 30 - 1:07 pm et

Once scout texted ESPN's Adam Schefter that Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant ran an unconfirmed 4.57 at Tuesday's private workout.

To repeat: the time is unconfirmed. The discouraging forty time would be a surprise considering Bryant reportedly ran a 4.32 last week while preparing for the workout. Check back later in the day for an update.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
  2. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hopefully he'll fall all the way to us.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He is not going to fall any more then he already did with that time. It's what from I understand most expected. The only way this 40 time would of effected his stock is if he ran sub 4.5 or in the 4.6 range.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,245 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, but if he only ran .1 second faster than Jerry Rice...no way I'll consider him!
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,315 Messages
    1,794 Likes Received
    See that dinner Jerry bought him paid off. Jerry loaded Dez up so he would produce a slow time. Jerry you old sly dog. :laugh2:
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Rotoworld reporting 4.52 first attempt. 4.68 2nd attempt and 4.52 3rd attempt.
  7. cboyd

cboyd Member

391 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    4.52 sounds about right. I dont think that it hurts or helps his stock.
  8. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    well read this cboyd, report from corey chavious and mike mayock and charley casserly gm

live in lufkin tx, dez bryant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ran 4.55

11 foot broadjump with mike mayock and corey chavious

weighed 224

hardly any fat

lost his feet on breaks, but plucked the football, mayock says cant put himm in larry fitzgerald class,

corey said really didnt see him drop his hips, with more questions coming out of his workout in my hometown lufkin texas

you didnt finish your short shuttle or your cone, if this guy starts to slide, where are we going to take him, and have to go back and look at tape

corey said could be a randy moss like slide

running routes mayock said he kept losing his balance with turf with his shoes

when he goes get the football thats where dez is elite, he is quicker than fast right now

talked about returning punts for tds against baylor

good workout corey said, but not great and some of workout was poor

mayock said he could go anywhere from 10 o 25

38 inch vertical too

thats it zoners will cover more from lufkin later on nfl network;

a gm says has questions off of the field, what was his 20, why didnt he finish his shuttle and cone drill, so is this a conditioning issue or mental the ex gm for the texans said casserly
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That would put him at 4.57333333
  10. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    sorry to bust your little bubble dboyd, but read this;
    Dez Bryant-WR- Player Mar. 30 - 1:29 pm et

Updating a previous item, Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant posted forty times of 4.52 and 4.68 at Tuesday's private workout in his hometown of Lufkin, Texas.

Bryant ran a third time of 4.52 due to the discrepancy between the first two times. He also dropped some passes early in drills before settling down and "getting into the flow." Though Bryant's game tape remains elite, NFL Network's Mike Mayocks says "more questions than answers" came out of the workout. He remains likely to be the first receiver off the board, however.
    Source: NFL.com

He is going to fall, just like corey chavious, mayock, and charley casserly,was it mental or lack of conditioining, and if conditioning, why wasnt he in shape, he had no games to play since september

and if mental why didnt he finish his cone drill and short shuttle

this all goes back to, you dez bryant had a ton of scouts, gm's to show up at your proday, yet you werent ready, why?
  11. cboyd

cboyd Member

391 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    A lot of unknowns at this point. There are several different reports. Slipping because of the shoes he was wearing can have an impact. What teams are going to have too do is look at what they observed and believe what happen on the pro day, his interviews that he will have, and his play college. From what everything I am understanding this does not really hurt his stock but at the same time it does not help his stock at this point. A lot of uncertainty of this player. Teams are going to have to do their research on this player.
  12. cboyd

cboyd Member

391 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    cowboyjoe how does this burst my bubble? I just basically said that there are more questions. Teams are going to have to do their research. It is not one way or another at this point. Could it fall one way? yes.
  13. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    from what im hearing from nfl network, and look at some gm's and head coaches, they werent overly impressed or blown away

so he will fall

how far i doint know, but i say again anywhere from 17 to 27

randy moss fell, even percy harvin fell too, he will fall too
  14. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    There's no way in hell he drops to 27
  15. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    i dont think he will fall that far,

think about this, vikings got randy moss at 21
    cowboys got emmitt smith at 17
    cowboys got michael irvin who had same kind of speed at 18
    percey harvin went to the vikings at the 22
    sapp DT fell to 17

so i say he will fall and be drafted anywhere from 17 to 24 for sure

would it be great for us, if dez falls to 27 yes, or even some reports i heard, if he falls, some team might want to trade up like rams, detroit, chiefs or cleveland and give us some super draft picks

so you keep all your options open, interview the player, study more film on him, etc.. and be ready for any scenario if dez falls to us
  16. cboyd

cboyd Member

391 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If thats what you want to believe then so be it. If it helps your "ego." I don't think anyone knows anything at this point. The proday was an obvious disaster with the 40 time recordings because the times showed different results. There was just confusions all around. I am not ready to jump to certain conclusions of one way or another. I don't know if he is going to fall or not. If he does fall to Dallas then I think they should pick him up because I think he would be a huge steal. However, thats just my opinion.
  17. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    in other words, this is why you have to do your homework on the player, read this on another former player drafted in first round; you have to be sure and get a good player that can play and wants to play and work or else you get this type of player below

Marshawn Lynch-RB- Bills Mar. 30 - 2:32 pm et

Marshawn Lynch was not in attendance as the Bills began voluntary conditioning workout on Tuesday.

From a fantasy perspective, Lynch's absence certainly won't help him gain ground on Fred Jackson for the starting job. From a broader perspective, Lynch has consistently failed to ease concerns that he's an immature player with his priorities out of whack. Turning 24 next month, he still has time to turn his career around. This isn't a promising start.
    Source: Buffalo News
    Related: Fred Jackson
  18. cboyd

cboyd Member

391 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree. Every team needs to do research on every prospect that they look at. They need to not only do research on the field but off the field as well. This is why I expect Dez to have many invites to try to get an understanding of what kind of player Dez is on and off the field.
  19. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    One way or another Dez Bryant is going to be a Dallas Cowboy come April 22nd. Whether it is at 27 or some other pick in front of 27. I am just starting to feel like Jerry already has his mind made up about taking this guy, assuming he does fall a bit. I am not sold that his skill set is what we need offensively, he does make plays though, just doesn't have the speed we are missing. This is all just my opinion.
  20. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,120 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He is a blazer on the field. Prospects like him are rare. He doesn't look like a 4.52 on the field; even Mayock agrees with me on that.

I'm worried about the off the field stuff, but he would be a gamble worth taking. If he panned out we would get a top 5 talent in a deep draft at #27.