1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez Bryant Talks About Personal Life

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IAmLegend, Nov 21, 2012.

1. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Even if he wasn't a Cowboy I'd still wish Dez the best. It's a shame he never had stable home or family.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well as I said earlier I feel Dez Bryant is growing up before eyes. Over these last few weeks you're starting see him run good, crisp routes consistently. I think he has realized now that's what he needs to do if he wants his quarterback to trust him. We all know the extreme physical talent and ability the guy possesses it's just a matter of him developing that consistency. I think that's starting to happen. Dez is a guy who had a very difficult upbringing. That's well documented, but you have to give him credit for overcoming that and making it this far. The guy is a very good and IMO soon to be great football player.
  4. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Agreed. He had some bad breaks early in life but his talent has given him the chance to very successful in life. His talent cant be denied and I hope he really makes the best of this chance and keeps positive people around him.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,808 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Dez is 1 guy I am not worried about
  6. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,039 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    It's sad that I totally expected all the tough-guy comments that are on espn...like going through what this person has is no big deal. Most of those people's hardest days were when daddy didn't buy them an Xbox or something....good for dez, and good for the guys on the team helping him out.
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    If he keeps putting up 100+ yard efforts, there will be quite a few Dez fans sprouting up. Although he worries me, I am rooting for the guy. All he needs is TO to mentor him and the transition to bonafide star will be complete.
  8. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

:muttley: ....
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    ;) :p:
  10. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Fixed it for ya. :)
  11. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
  12. tocdi3131

tocdi3131 Member

147 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    When Dez no longer needs glorified babysitters we can say he has grown up. Come on man your 24. Twenty freakin four.
  13. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good point. I hope someone on the team points that out to him so he remembers its coming and will blow it off.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,376 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Wish him well in growing up. Hopefully, it happens before the team parts ways with him.
  15. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Yeah, because everybody is the same at 24. Even those born to 15 year old crack-heads. All his so-called personal problems are greatly overblown. A real thug growing up under those circumstances would be carrying and dealing...not playing football in the NFL.
  16. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,972 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Let's hope this doesn't become an annual article like "RW31 is rededicating himself to football "
  17. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which really means still slow and can no longer bring the wood
  18. tocdi3131

tocdi3131 Member

147 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Not true. There are many inner city kids who grow up in messed up circumstances and don't end up dealing. That's what you call enabling. I really think this is a dynamic player, hope it all works out for him.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well played sir. :laugh2:
  20. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

My only point was his behavior has not been all that thuggish, as I've heard and read (not from you). He has immaturity issues that I think with self dedication can be worked out. He's obviously not very intelligent in a book learning kind of way. That's just the way he was born. I know people like that yet they can do things I can't that involve heavy thought.

I guess all I'm really saying is that he's doing pretty well with the hand he's been dealt.

And yes, I hope it works out for him too.