1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dez, Felix and Costa Practicing

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doomsday, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,184 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant dressed for practice Friday for the first time since suffering a bruised quadriceps in the season opener.

Center Phil Costa (knee) and running back Felix Jones (shoulder) also returned to practice Friday after sitting out Thursday.

Bryant missed the Cowboys' Week 2 win over the San Francisco 49ers, when he was ruled out after attempting to run before the game at Candlestick Park. His status for the Cowboys' Monday night game against the Washington Redskins remains in question......

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...z-bryant-felix-jones-phil-costa-back-practice
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good to hear.
  3. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,788 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    If Dez is practicing, I would say it just became a little less in question as to if he plays.
  4. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Awesome news...Go Cowboys
  5. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,527 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Hall just **** himself, lol.
  6. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    might be a trick by the RHG, make the skins game plan for everybody. :cool:
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,428 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    I'm glad Costa is back. Kowalski played well but if costa can't go and Kowalski would get hurt, Kosier would be the center. No thank you.

And if Costa can play center, Kowalski might be able to play a litle guard if need be.
  9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Nagy good to go Monday as well.

Dez didn't practice though :(
  10. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,641 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Maybe he's a fast healer, at least we can hope he is. With Dez playing, that reduces the number of corner blitzes. Hall will have to stay on Dez.
  11. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Maybe i'm reading this wrong but the blurb says that Dez "dressed for practice for the first time". It doesn't say anything about him actually partaking in practice.
  12. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very nice to hear from Felix Jones on that radio link (Trahan and Broaddus), and it is great to hear that Felix is feeling good. Also, it's great news to hear that Felix has strong confidence in the young offensive line and sees the potential with the run blocking, because things are going to get better for Felix in the running game. Jones knows knows it, and I can't wait.

I hope Phil Costa plays this game, because I think playing at home will help him play better in the running game. In fact, I like my young offensive line at home this week.

Rare to hear from Felix, so that was a "great get". Felix pretty much lets his play do the talking on the field. Class act...

I really hope Dez Bryant plays and brings his "A" game, because that will prevent the Redskins from constantly stacking the box. Bryant playing is a big deal, especially with Austin out.
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,420 Messages
    293 Likes Received

To me, the running game has been a touch better with Phil Costa in there. So I'm happy if he starts...and a healthy left guard means a lot as well.

Let Tony Romo get hit his first three times, and he'll be ready and game on...
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,420 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    The rest of the injury report is below the jump. The highlights are Newman, Jenkins and Nagy were full-participants; Felix and Costa were limited; Dez, Austin, Romo, and Dockery didn't participate.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...rt-tony-romo-dez-bryant-jay-ratliff-interview

Cowboys receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) has been ruled out of Monday night's game. He, CB Orlando Scandrick and LG Derrick Dockery appear to be scratches through the bye week.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...s-tony-romo-dez-bryant-felix-jones-phil-costa