1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez is a wreckless driver

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 9xxx11, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, but I have gone through my share of difficult times in life just like everyone has. I don't think that's a valid excuse for anyone to act out.
  2. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,247 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    If ONLY!! :cool:

In a related note. I once saw Tony Dorsett in a Dallas disco wearing a cape w/ a giant blue star on it. Now THAT was criminal!
  3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,498 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Who are we to judge this kid.

His mom is only 14 years older than him, was a prostitute, used and sold drugs, he lived in 8 different homes during high school - not really an environment conducive for success.

He's only had one incident with the law, where the aforementioned drug addict lunatic got him in trouble.

It's a shame that this is even a thread, and the mods have let it come this for. Speeding off at the light? C'mon man.

I for one think Dez has done a damn good job of overcoming adversity and making the best of his situation, and listening to all of you from your suburban Wally Cleaver upbringings trash him is ridiculous.

Get over yourselves, he's an easy guy to cheer for, I wish the other 52 guys cared as much as he did and played with the same fire that he did.
  4. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,177 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    WOW :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: CAN WE MAKE THIS POST A STICKY FOR EVERYONE.....
  5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,498 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Thanks bro, I'll just save it for the next time Dez jaywalks and a thread gets made about it.
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,425 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    and it's word of mouth.

what if i said i saw jerry jones doing xyz to abc?

the hate in here is consuming itself.
  7. eliland

eliland Benched

241 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerruh should have added another condition to Dez' rules... no Bentley.

How about just blending in Dez.... driving around in a Bentley is asking for trouble. He should get a nice solid Ford Focus, like Derek Jeter.... you never hear a whiff of scandal about that guy. :)
  8. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,624 Messages
    120 Likes Received
  9. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,286 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    :hammer: /thread /moveonwithyourlivesdezhaters
  10. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This wasn't the liquor store clerk saying Dez is wreckless was it?
  11. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,270 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    I wasn't even talking about the traffic incident, I don't even care about what happened or did not happen in traffic.

I have not attacked him or anything else, .. I'm referring to all of the other stuff he has done, and the tweets about Madden, etc.

I'm saying to Dez, .. you are an adult now, living in an adult world, it's time to grow up and begin acting like a man.

People grow up in all kinds of bad situations, but by the time they are adults, college graduates out in the world, .. they overcome their past and change.

I haven't said anything bad about DB other than he is a child in many ways.

He needs to change that.
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Why is he a child? Because he wears saggy pants? Because he occasionally gets in arguments with people? Because he has family differences? Because he accelerates his car at a high rate apparently?

My, what a child.. certainly no adult would do any of these things.
  13. WV Cowboy

10,270 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    How funny, .. you accusing others of judging DB, and then you turn around and judge them by assuming that you know they are all from "suburban Wally Cleaver upbringings."

Now that's rich.

I, for one, have not trashed him at all. I have merely stated that he is childish in many ways and needs to grow up. I still stand by that.
  14. WV Cowboy

10,270 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    So you don't see anything childish in any of DB's actions ???

You must not know any young men in or around that age that are mature, that have their priorities in order, that take care of themselves by staying out of situations that shed negative light on themselves.

Because when you know a young man like that, when you see how he acts and carries himself, .. then you can see how far DB is from being that man.

Dez is a good football player, he is a Dallas Cowboy, I like him.

He needs to grow up, .. for his own good.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Im asking you.. have you ever gotten in an argument? Have you ever had family differences?

The only difference is you don't have papparazzi following you around 24/7 to point out all your mistakes.

Wake me when Dez makes his first major mistake.. because i have yet to see him do anything wrong that's actually a substantial offense.
  16. WV Cowboy

10,270 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    Why are all of the issues that are following him around not following all young men his age then?

His actions are fine for younger age kids. He is not a high school sophomore.
    Squabbling with mall security? Bragging about his Madden exploits? Arguing with his Mom?

All fine if you are 16.

We just have different opinions of how young men that age should be carrying themselves, .. and that's ok.

When he changes his demeanor, I'll change my opinion.
  17. iceberg

27,425 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    so when some nugget head lobs out a softball you have to bring up all his old issues ALL OVER AGAIN and rehash them?
  18. WV Cowboy

10,270 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    That was sort of what the thread was about. So when someone posted about his tweeting and bragging about his Madden exploits, .. that was yet another example that he is still a child in many ways.

I used Sean Lee as an example of someone near his age to contrast what it looks like for a young man to act his age.

And whether I bring them up or not, .. does not change the fact that his past issues are out there.

People defending his childish behavior does not help him, .. he needs to look around and realize that he needs to grow up, for his own good.
  19. iceberg

27,425 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    no. that's what ANY Dez thread turns into. a rehash of all his past "Crimes" that only magnify them to YOU in how bad they are. his past issues are out there but he's trying to let them go and grow up.

only people keep bringing up his past over and over and over again. to those people, dez will ALWAYS be who he used to be.

and it's a damn shame.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Yes, because no adult has arguments within their own family. Get real, man.