1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez not living up to expectations? really

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Prossman, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Dez not liveing up to expectaions? really
    « Thread Started Today at 10:17pm »
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bryant first 31 games: 129 catches for 1758 yards and 15 TDs
    Pearson first 31 games: 97 catches for 1771 yards and 3 TDs
    Irvin first 31 games: 77 catches for 1429 yards and 12 TDs

Somehow i think people are jumping the gun a little bit on Dez!
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I completely agree... Let the young man fight through his rough spots. He's going to be alright.
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,157 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    Different era.
  4. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,750 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    why not go back all the way to 1929 to compare stats. with that you can say dez blows everybody out of the water!!!

come on dude. you are talking about three different era's of football. back when pearson played, teams didn't pass as much.

when irvin played his first three years it was with the likes of steve pelleur and he played on some crappy teams.

get real. dez has austin on the other side and has witten. who did Irvin have his first 31 games?

dez in this day and age of air attacks hasn't lived up to expectations. end of story.
  5. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,810 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Different era as said. Compare him to other receivers from the prior draft or the one after. AJ Green, Julio Jones blow him out of the water... both of whom many of you made it clear were not "nearly as talented as Dez"... Well whatever they have must clearly not be talent but I would prefer it to talent ;)... I think its called a brain cell.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    not to mention being a 3rd option after witten or miles. And our OC doesn't really do a good job at getting him the ball: bubble screens, reverses, slants and etc.
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Julo and AJ Green are beast. AJ green is mainly there number one target though and him and dalton have good chemistry together. Julio jones is compare able though. roddy white and miles, witten and gonzolas(sp?) and dez and julio.

Julio>Dez if you ask me though. Julio is a physical beast.
  8. DoubleDuece

DoubleDuece New Member

19 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pearson was an undrafted FA when he came into the league from Tulsa. Irvin was hurt his rookie season and took some time to come back full strength.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    Nice stuff.
  10. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I dont know about drews start but i know irvin got hurt early, like dez did. Austin was our number one when dez got here. Actually whitten is romos number one , austin 2 and dez three. Dez and Austin may have flipped by now. What im saying is the guy is off to the same start as the rest of the 88s. I know it was a different eras, I actually watched all three and know the differences. Dez is right on track to be a great player for the cowboys. He is already drawing double coverages and roll overs. Is he there yet? No but he is working hard and WILL get there. Maybe if our oline dcould hold up long enough For Romo to get off deep shots on a consistant basis his stats would be better. who knows. but the kid will get there
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,802 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Back when Pearson and Irvin played DBs were actually allowed to play defense.
  12. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I think Green's numbers are inflated, who does Dalton have to throw to? JJ on the other hand, I think him and Dez are fairly similar. Both have an elite receiver and TE in front of them.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    That could also explain why more balls came Irvin's way.. because he had no one nearly as good at WR after him. If you look at it that way, Dez' numbers are more impressive.. not less.

Different era's for sure.. but Dez hasn't been a disappointment so far as far as his numbers. You could compare his numbers from his first two years to alot of the top WR's in the game right now and they'd be right there with them. The "different era's" thing is used too much as an excuse when convenient without any real research being done to compare.
  14. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Drew also came to a much better team than Dez walked into. Irvin was the clear number one go to guy for the boys, we had no one else. Both eras were more physical especially for pearson. Dez could play in all 3 eras because of his physicality. He isnt a prima donna like most of the wrs in this era. I know dez needs to grow up. I do believe he wants to do the right thing, and he doing what he can to be a good example on and off the field. I will give him a bye for now.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree 100 percent. Dez is a good football player and he will be great very, very soon. :starspin
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    Well, I sure didn't expect inconsistent play week in and week out, not knowing where to go in the 3rd year and dropping balls at an alarming rate.

People weren't talking about Dez being "good" or "very good".

"Great" and "best" were the descriptors I remember.
  17. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,162 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    if you're looking at stats, check dropped passes, and how many plays where they didn't know where to line up or ran the wrong route.
  18. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Dez dropped balls last game but i dont remember him having bad games before that one.
  19. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I don't recall him not knowing where to go this year or dropping balls at an alarming rate.

Shall we expect more exaggeration in your next reply, as well?
  20. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received

LOL. Uninformed fan alert?