1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dez number 25 of 100 top players in 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by crazyfool, Jun 25, 2014.

1. crazyfool

crazyfool Member

264 Messages
    6 Likes Received
  2. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

735 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    He certainly deserves it. Top 25 player in the NFL. He proves that every game.
    NJ22 and Jstopper like this.
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Love it.

How are Antonio Brown and Andre Johnson ahead of him though? Oh well.
  4. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    809 Likes Received
    The list continues to mystify... Dez moved up 10 spots although you would be hard pressed to tell his last two seasons apart. Romo came from completely off the list all the way to #71, even though his reputation with fans and players alike is even worse than before (all of the Duke stuff. Twitter memes, London Fletcher calling him a choker, etc). Maybe the list is just randomly generated by an algorithm designed to emulate Jerry's brain.
    5Stars likes this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,459 Messages
    3,732 Likes Received
    This list is about as credible to me as the Pro Bowl voting.
  6. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    don't over analyze it and get all sore. Your boy moved up like 20 spots right?
  7. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,050 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received
    The ballot process for the Pro Bowl could be improved, but it is a LOT more logical than the Top 100 balloting.

That said, congratulations Dez. Hope the pageant judges smile upon you next year too. :) Shoot. I think I just insulted pageant judges. :(
  8. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,532 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Exactly - how the hell is Brown ahead of him?? Ask any team in the league who they would farther have and Dez gets every vote. Total BS.

Johnson is a beast still but is slowing down and has been on a terrible team - made that ranking on reputation.
    Alexander likes this.
  9. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,662 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Johnson is much like Ware in that regard.

Dez is better than Brown, but Brown had the better year. I don't think him being ahead of Dez by a few slots is crazy since it's top 100 of 2014.
  10. Ntegrase96

2,662 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Dez had about the same amount of success, but he also drew a lot more attention from the defense.
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,418 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    Dez almost had as many TDs in 2013 (13) as Brown has for his career (15). In what universe is he better than Dez?
  12. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,521 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    most respected Cowboy in the league
    unionjack8, BigStar and TheFinisher like this.
  13. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,484 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I for one hated the way they presented him, like Romo he got backhand compliments after everything good they said......No other players got this kind of treatment.
  14. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

5,692 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    Soon to be a tossup between Dez and Tyron.
  15. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,457 Messages
    4,411 Likes Received
    That top player thing is still going on? That thing should've been over with the NBA finals.

Way to stretch a good thing out, NFL!
  16. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,521 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    the more young fellas, the merrier. They're both my boys
  17. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

538 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Antonio Brown had elite numbers last year, but unless I was building a team around everything but passing, I wouldn't want him above 2 on the receiver depth chart.
  18. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,087 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    The whole list thing is so stupid and a joke. There is no way that Antonio Brown is better than Dez Bryant.

Does anyone think that Phillip Rivers should be 37 places higher than Romo? I don't. Shoot a year ago, people were writing Rivers off. Is Rivers better than Romo, that's debateable. His 2013 stats: 4,478 yards, 32 TDs, 11 INT's. vs Romo's 3828 yards, 31 TD's and 10 INT's with one less game played.

Then you see where they rank Cam Newton. Again, if you want a good RB, fine, but he's not a great QB. His numbers from 2012 and 2013 were basically the same. The difference why he is ranked so high this year is because they made the playoffs. And he looked horrible in that game.

Why did they make the playoffs? Because they had an awesome defense (#2 in scoring defense). Panthers Offensive Ranking - 26th. Passing 29th, Points 18.
    CowboyMike likes this.
  19. Ntegrase96

2,662 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    This is one of the things that annoys me the most.

Romo and Rivers are virtually identical. Over their career. Last 3 year average. Extremely close.

Even if you look at their playoff stats, there are reasonable trade-offs. (more yards more tds but more ints vs less ints but also less yards less tds).

I think Rivers had a better 2014, but in the grand scheme of things it baffles me as to why Rivers is considered to be the clearly better player.
    zack and dstovall5 like this.
  20. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,400 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    Philip Rivers is basically the Tony Romo of the AFC.
    BigStar likes this.