1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did anyone catch Velas draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Feb 10, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    my biggest problem with where my FS

and a briuser at RB which I think can be done with UDFAs

an Pinkston not big on him

Strengths:
    • Excellent bulk with a solid build and large hands
    • Athletic with good quickness, agility and balance
    • Nimble feet to shuffle, slide laterally and mirror
    • Shows the ability to adjust and recover when beat
    • Stout at point of attack w/ wide base and can anchor
    • Displays an understanding of positioning and angles
    • Range to get out in space and reach the second level
    • Versatile and may be able to play multiple positions
    • Lots of experience versus a high level of competition

Weaknesses:
    • Is not as tall as you'd prefer and has short arms
    Footwork and hand use is very raw and inconsistent
    Questionable instincts, awareness and football IQ
    Not a road grader and push in run game is average
    Is not physical or tough and lacks a mean streak
    Struggled with weight and conditioning at times
    A poor motor and work ethic has been questioned
    Dealt with injuries and durability may be a concern

Notes:
    A four-year starter for the Panthers --- Named 1st Team All-Big East in 2009 and 2010 --- Cousin, Todd Pinkston, was a wide receiver with the Philadelphia Eagles --- Began college career as a defensive tackle but almost immediately moved to the other side of the ball --- Underwent surgery to repair season-ending left shoulder injury in 2007 --- Missed the Sun Bowl in 2008 with right shoulder injury --- Played both right and left tackle during college career --- Could project to tackle or guard and best fit may be inside --- Underachiever who is a better athlete than football player at this point --- Talented enough to start at the next level but might lack the intangibles needed to maximize potential

give me Moffitt or Boling or Cannon
  2. romo_19_55

romo_19_55 New Member

53 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OT Carimi and OG Moffitt of Wisconsin 'dominated' the BIG TEN this year and one or both would be a good fit for us. Additionally, since the Cowboys haven't had a BIG BACK to help move piles and/or sustain drives, i.e. '3rd and short' or 'inside the 5yd line', there are many fan who would like the Cowboys to draft a big back. John Clay of Wisconsin at 6'1" 255lbs would be the perfect fit in our offense. He could be our missing link on the many opportunities LOST on 3rd & short or goal-line when our offense couldn't sustain drives. If you watch Wisconsin, their offense line was dominate and their backs (especially Monte Ball and John Clay) punished defenses into submission. If we draft an athletic nasty OT and OG and a big back like Clay, we'd definitely be MORE physical next year.

Note: And, if the owners get their wish for 18 games, NFL teams will definitely NEED to invest in more Offensive Lineman to have the necessary depth to sustain a longer season. So, expect to SEE a run on offensive lineman SOONER than you think!!!
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,712 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    2 Players from my alma mater, Pitt. I wouldn't mind seeing both as Cowboys. Hynoski will be good but I think the FB is soon to be extinct. I'd rather have another TE on the team as opposed to a FB.