1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

did drew walk off the field during play?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by iceberg, Dec 19, 2005.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    on his last INT, troy or buck made a comment that made it *sound* like drew threw the INT then walked off the field before the play was over out of frustration. i've not seen anyone address it ask - so i'll ask. does anyone know for sure *IF* drew did or did not do this?
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,436 Messages
    3,671 Likes Received

If It happened I missed it...not saying it did not happen but I did not see it.
  3. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Active Member

686 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    If he did that was the only time he didn't get hit. Good for him. It's the player equivilant of turning off the TV and throwing the remote.
  4. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,106 Messages
    2 Likes Received

:lmao2:
  5. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    it's the real world equivelent of quitting on your team that is my concern. like bp, i didn't see it, i just heard troy/buck comment on it. before i go into any tirades on the evils of doing so (quitting on your team) i wanted to see if anyone knew for sure - otherwise that wouldn't be fair to drew to just assume what i heard is what i thought.

personally, i would call it inexcusable if ANY player simply walked off the field during a play out of frustration or any other reason. now you can either kid around and get little laughing icons added to your xmas stocking, or you can be serious for a moment and realize IF done, this is your "leader" who did it. is that still "ok"?

as fans we get leeway and a good discount on remotes, however.
  6. Kchunda

Kchunda Member

299 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Will rewatch the game later today (burning it to DVD) and I'll look for that. Didn't see it when I was there @ the stadium. . .
  7. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Active Member

686 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Fair enough, but you shouldn't concern yourself with Drew walking off of the field after the interception on the last play of the game. You should be concerned with the other 52 guys emotionally leaving the field in the 2nd quarter. There was some quitting going on, but it happened well before the last play of the game.
  8. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,684 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    Hoopty do about nothing.

They were talking about "the way" he walked off the field.

The player was tackled 15 or yds after he INT'd it.

Bledsoe wasn't going to make the tackle from where he was.
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,709 Messages
    2,478 Likes Received

Yeah, I'm glad Bledsoe played the perfect game so that he's absolved of all blame.
  10. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Who said that?
  11. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Active Member

686 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    What are you talking about?
  12. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I would too. Whats the point, the game was over at the half. It was really over at the beginning of the 2nd half.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,436 Messages
    3,671 Likes Received

We all have our way of venting...that is his.

Besides it is the Heat Miser talking not Winky. ;)
  14. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    hey, i think it started with parcells punting on 4th and 1 down 35-0. THAT'S when we quit. but NO player at ANY time should just walk off the field while a play is in progress. IF this is what drew did there is NO excuse for a "pro-bowl" qb to do this AND be called a viable leader.

if he didn't then it's all a moot point, so knowing would really help this discussion.
  15. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah :laugh1:
  16. WV Cowboy

10,684 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    We get BLOWN UP & BLOWN OUT 35 - 7 by the skins, and some are attacking Bledsoe about his reaction to one play at the end of the game.

But we don't have any "Bledsoe bashing agendas", do we? NOOOooooooo. :rolleyes:
  17. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Man you see through everything don't you?
  18. WV Cowboy

10,684 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    Think about it, ... should this even be a topic after what you witnessed yesterday ??

Or should it not at least be WAAaaaay down on the list ?

It reminds me of Parcells staring at Mc Briar after the terrible punt, ... we were down 35-7 and he is giving a "punter" the evil eye.
  19. Givincer

Givincer Active Member

1,805 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    First of all nobody said that. Secondly, a quarterback before being able to play a good game has to be allowed to play a good game. Bledsoe was clearly not allowed ANYTHING in this game - 7 sacks 11 knockdowns, no quarterback in the history of the NFL would've had a good game behind our line yesterday, let alone perfect. No one is absolving him of all blame, however it's very clear you want to cast a lot of blame on him...like you always do. Any football fan who understands the game and realizes the quarterback relies on the other 10 players on the field more than any other position in football knows Bledsoe was not the problem with the team yesterday. Having said that he certainly wasn't a solution to our problem - no quarterback could've been, tough for someone who has a vendetta against a certain player to realize that I know.
  20. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah, you are right, we should be blaming the OL on all the offensive Woes, and D/Zimmer etc. on Defensive woes. And BP for the whole team woes.

Bledsoe couldn't do anything to really help the team to get off the funk.