1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Flacco and Kaepernick join the better than Romo list?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 20, 2013.

1. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I love these topics just for the shear joy of how butt hurt Romos supporters get when reading/posting. It's like they make it their job to defend Romo at all costs. I'm sure the oline will get brought up at some point in this topic LOL
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Flacco is legit...I tried to not buy into the Kaepernick hype but he's legit too. You're not supposed to get 400 total yards against a Dom Capers defense and then make your first road playoff start and manage the game as effectively as he did. And keep in mind he took over midseason so he didn't have the luxury of training camp/preseason with the 1st team offense!

Russell Wilson earned his stripes with his clutch play all season and the gutsy effort last week.
  3. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,084 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Ok let's add Russell Wilson too!
  4. Alweezy

Alweezy Member

578 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    The barometer to being a good QB in the NFL:

Is he better than Tony Romo. Is he on the list...
  5. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Active Member

307 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    R.I.P brain..
  6. weaver21

weaver21 Member

633 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You can say the same thing about the Romo haters who love to bash on him in every thread. It's no different than the Romo supporters who defend him.
  7. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Flacco was better when I saw lee Evans drop that pass last year. Y'all are crazy still hyping up Romo. Ryan? I don't know. Same level to me.
  8. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    If people think that Kaep just handed the ball off, take your Romo blinders off and you can see better.
  9. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I wanna see Flacco win in another shootout first.
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    You mean he didn't get to use that as an excuse? Cool, I guess only Romo supporters are littered with excuses.
  11. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    What shootouts has romo won? Lol Atleast Flacco has some. Lol at (another). Romo fans are funny
  12. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    This is ridiculous all the way around. Answer this question. So was the team, game plan centered around Capernick? So he threw it 22 times and completed it 16 times. Most of his throws were predetermined and he took the snap and
    Looked right at where he was going to throw it.

So his Rb's averaged 5.2 yards. You don't think that helps? Again let's see when he doesn't have a running game. Then come talk to me. All this BS about a guy that has started 6 games is now an Elite QB. It's pretty hilarious.

The funny thing is that we could have the same thing here. It's called balance. We don't have it. Garrett doesn't understand this concept. Limit the passes to 30 a game. Run the ball 25-30 times a game. You will be amazed.

Sick of people ripping on the QB of the Cowboys.
  13. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Why ? Would that prove something ?

He sustained drives to keep one of the best QBs in the game ever off the field and limit his chances. His playoff success speaks for itself at this point. That is a game manager, that is a good solid QB.
  14. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Kaepernick, no.

Flacco, yes.
  15. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Are you sick of his last minute picks?
  16. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I have seen Romo make plays win a game when his defense cant. I don't watch Bal games but I really haven't seen Flacco do that. I have seen his defense make a lot though.

Also the "Romo fans are funny" comment is funny too me. Making snide comments towards me because I'm a Romo fan is ridiculous being that we're on a Cowboys message board.
  17. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,125 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Flacco showed me a lot last week. Still not better than Romo.

Kaepernick? Hell no.
  18. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,116 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I'm not a Garrett supporter or apologist by any means, but Garrett said if he could run it all the time, he would. The problem is, the offensive line is offensive, and I think he knows this. The best chance of him winning is putting it into the hands of Romo and that's what he did most of the time. I guess it's moot point to debate whether Garrett is a good play caller or not, or whether he was putting the team in position to win as good coaches do. It's hard to tell whether Murray being hit behind the line too many times or Romo getting two-and-a-half seconds to throw it was the result of the offensive line, or Garrett being out-schemed.
  19. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Sadly, Romo's botched hold on the FG had a much bigger impact on him than we all wanted to believe. That put a HUGE stigma on him, something that he has never been able to remove.

Imagine if that bobble never happened. The Cowboys make that FG and Romo gets respect for leading that drive. Even if the Seahawks marched down the field and won the game with a FG, at least Romo would've earned his stripes by helping the Cowboys take the defending NFC champions to the wire.

Completely different career perception for him in that case.
  20. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Yea because when TO was here everyone was a fan.:rolleyes: