1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Flacco and Kaepernick join the better than Romo list?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Okay, so all these QB's are better than Romo. And the point is...
  2. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Draft Tyler Bray, that's what.
  3. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Flacco is about six years younger, better arm, and trusts his guys more than Romo.

He's won six playoff road games....Romo has won one playoff game.

Flacco is better than Romo.
  4. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

685 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Nope not true. Flacco has an oline. If Romo had that line he'd already have two rings.
  5. weaver21

weaver21 Member

640 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Tyler Bray? Yeah, he'll be the savior of the Dallas Cowboys...
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    How about putting a better team around Romo, like SF and Baltimore have with their QB's?
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Sounds more like there is a group of people making it there life goal to bash Romo, not the other way around.
    How many threads have there been lately that seem totally designed to kick Romo (or any fan) while he and they are down.
    Its the pure definition of spinelessness.
    I don't see the supposedly butt hurt Romo fans starting these threads. Do you?
  9. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

497 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    even accounting for a superior supporting cast and coaching, claiming that romo is better than flacco at this point is just folly. almost no one outside the cowboys fanbase thinks so.

as for kaepernick...sample size is still too small. he's a pretty awesome playmaker, but he's also on the most talented team in the NFL. so we'll see.
  10. DFWJC

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I know..right?
    Where do these people come from?

I give Flacco a ton of credit...the guy is playing better ball lately. But has Romo ever played in a game in the past 2-3 years where he had so little pressure from the defense? Just great protection.
    That does not diminish Flacco's nice game though. More of observation and some envy I guess
  11. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,354 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    So I guess we don't need to spend picks in the draft on the OL to help Romo, since he isn't good enough. Why waste picks? Use them all on the Defense.
  12. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,416 Messages
    363 Likes Received
    Did Flacco and Kaepernick join the better than Romo list?

Yes. And that's not all!

My dog > Romo
    My car > Romo
    My cell phone > Romo

Happy? Want a Flacco jersey for your birthday?
  13. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

...we aren't a smart fan base....
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,758 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Romo is 33rd.

That ends the stupidity.../thread.
  15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,883 Messages
    1,637 Likes Received
    I wish I had an open forum or an in person chat with Romo lovers, they would be schooled unconscious. Most of those final teams had defensive issues, and there was pressure here and there. How you handle pressure, how you handle defensive woes, is up to the QB. He can either rise above it all, or crawl in a little corner like he always does.

Can we stop talking about this nobody QB please?
  16. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,156 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    I'm the one who said he was rookie. Excuse me that I don't follow the 49ers. So he's in his second year coming off the bench for six or seven games. Big difference. :rolleyes: The point was the guy has much better coaching, more talent on the line protecting him, and definitely a better running game. Saying he's a better QB right now is asinine.
  17. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

663 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I agree with you. I really like Romo but the homers have to really take their blue glasses off.
  18. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

My issue isn't with what you said.

It's with the fan base. I wish we could blow that up and start over.
  19. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

685 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Because Romo fans are in no position to sing his accolades after his most recent choke job. It's expected to see topics that bash Romo since he has come up short yet again. It was expected to see "Dez is a bust" topics for two years because he underachieved. Notice the amount of
    Topics regarding "trade Dez" have ceased because he finally emerged. If romo
    Doesn't choke these topics don't exist.

But the fact that these butt hurt romo supporters feel compelled to respond to every single thread they feel is a shot at Romo
    Is hilarious to me. The topic regards to the QB list is a good topic but Romo advocates are so sensitive that they feel it's a jab.
  20. DFWJC

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I understand that.
    But I'm not exaggerrating...this must be a least 10-15th thread on some variation of the same topic, all aimed at kicking someone...and some fellow fans...while they are down.

The dude carried this team the second half of the season. He was playing outstanding ball for a long stretch there. He did make some dumb throws in that Washington game that he deserves to catch hell for. I was infuriated too.
    At some point though, people are just kicking a dead corpse. I mean, as fans we have to move forward