1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Flacco and Kaepernick join the better than Romo list?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 20, 2013.

1. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

653 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Some are and some aren't. But the butt hurt romo fans respond in a manner that turns every single one of them into a "take shots at romo" thread by saying sarcastic remarks or bringing up the oline every single time. That response sparks the "romo haters" to respond and thus the original topic at hand gets derailed. People who are Romos advocates need not to be so sensitive. Otherwise if you know it makes your skin itch don't respond.
  2. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    oh goody another "everyone is better than said Cowboy" thread. wooooord.
  3. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,817 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Wow...just wow.

The excuses are endless. His oline in the first three/four years was not far off where the Ravens are now. He also had the benefit of better receivers.

He still managed one win.

Think about all the huge games Romo has been in and think about how small he's come up in most of those.

I don't have to remind you about the final game this year.

Romo is as talented as pretty much any QB in the NFL, but at some point you have to show something in big games and he just hasn't done that. Flacco has.
  4. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,031 Messages
    1,039 Likes Received
    Both Joe Flacco and the other guy have BETTER FOOTBALL TEAMS AROUND THEM.

Understand? Get it? The 49ers are better from top (coaching) to bottom. Better defense, better OL, better RB.

Same goes for the Ravens. Funny how this forum has turned the NFL into a one man team league. Tom Brady lost tonight because he played a BETTER TEAM.

Some of you on here are sad. Really sad. Is every event from here till the start of next season going to spawn some random "WHO IS BETTER THAN ROMO" thread?

Tony Romo is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. He is going to be for a while longer and is entirely capable of taking this team to a championship with a better playcaller calling the plays and a better OL to play behind. Period.
  5. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

653 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    I was being sarcastic, indirectly pointing out that according to the posters here, all of Romos shortcomings are due to the oline.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,453 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    This season yes but 1 or 2 of those guys will come back to earth next year.

Romo is never going to be the player he could be in a slow pace offense.
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,674 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Sure, why not? Why stop with just the Quarterback?

How about these:

Did Suggs and Aldon Smith join the "better than Ware" list?

Did Davis and Pitta join the "better than Witten" list?

Should we have drafted Bowman instead of Lee? Did we take wrong Penn State linebacker?

Seems just as pointless.
  8. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Active Member

4,094 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    A long time ago.
  9. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    You guys are all crazy. Football is not a team sport.
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Of course! Haven't you heard? Kap is now better than Aaron Rodgers, too. Flacco just magically surpassed Tom Brady, also.
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I believe so... Flacco is better and Kap is just special right now.
  12. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

776 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I'd consider Flacco, but not Kaepernick.
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,126 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Now? He always has been. He's never been near the top.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,486 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    Naw, two years ago, I had him before guys like Flacco, Ryan. Now. those guys have leaped him.

Romo is hanging out with Cutler, Vick, Dalton
  15. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

738 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    I think Romo has been the one on earth the last few years
  16. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,126 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Well to be fair, what has made Matt Ryan jump Romo? Both have the same amount of playoff wins in almost the same number of games, if not the exact number of games. Ryan did not show me anything new this year that I haven't seen before.

He put up some pretty stats in the 1st half today but that whole offense and him disappeared when it mattered.
  17. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Ryan is falling into the Romo class of QB.Played real good for a while,BUT those were big mistakes he made.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,654 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    LOL, why does it only matter at the end? Would you have rather he started out lousy and play brilliantly during garbage time?

It's like blaming a basketball player for the loss in a game because he missed two game tying free throws after scoring 65 points (while the rest of the team shot 30 percent). Ryan was fantastic for most of the game, throwing for almost 400 yards and only had 8 incompletions. Yes, he made a couple of mistakes, but it's stupid to look at the totality of the game and have a problem with Ryan.
  19. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Except Ryan has two dez bryants, Prototype TE Gonzo and a superior line. NOT arguing for or against Tony, as that discussion is in every thread. Just making notice ice really has no excuse.
  20. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,486 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    the reason i put Ryan ahead of Romo now is because Ryan took his team to the NFC championship and last weeks playoff game, the last 31 sec was clutch. Wish Tony could have that in his resume.