1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Flacco and Kaepernick join the better than Romo list?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Bunch of complete morons who know nothing about football on this board. It's a shame.
  2. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    You have an estimate of how many ?
    Including myself of course.
  3. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

314 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Excuses here, excuses there.....while yet again we sit outside the playoffs looking in! History just loves to repeat itself with captain romo steering the ship!
  4. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,618 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    LOL there are posters on here who would own you so bad you would look like Kramer stumbling out of the room but i think most of them have you on ignore -- here's why -- all you do is cheap shot Romo. UFC and KJJ are no Romo fans but at least they strive to debate as opposed to being a drive by artist. Basically there is no respect thus no debating you.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  5. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

705 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Yep. and kap had no picks either. Imagine that. So much for the losers on this forum who say "if Romo played for San Fran he would win a SB. Ummmm, San Fran has a QB and his name isn't Tony Romo.
  6. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    No way Romo should even be mentioned with playoff winning QB's. The playoff QB's may have flaws but they know how to win in big games, and play to their strengths not weaknesses.

Turnover Tony may be middle of the QB pack during the season, but he is at the back of the pack at the end of the season.
  7. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    If we are going by most recent performances, then Romo moved past Tom Brady (since Brady's multi-pick snoozer yesterday).

Yup Brady sux...bet the pats wish they had Flacco instead. Time to trade Brady and get one of these shiny nu-fangled option read guys, 'cause they aren't going anywhere with Brady :rolleyes:

sarcasm off.
  8. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    They joined the better "Team" than Romo.
  9. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    It's not about them being better, it's them having a better overall team and good help around them than Romo has ever had, they have great defenses to help them more than anything
  10. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Flacco proved to me last year he was better than Romo.

He's a big game stud!Romo fans will talk about the talent around these QB'ss and ignore how Romo wilted in 2007 and 2009 when the Cowboys were arguably the most talented team in football.
  11. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,804 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    On offense not defense, these guys have a better supporting cast and some owners that have built teams the right way
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,741 Messages
    1,951 Likes Received
    Wake me up when the excuses stop. Guess I'll never wake up. :D
  13. Gameover

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    2007 Cowboys were built the right way.Defense was better than Pats and Falcons.Alot better.Borderline great defense in 2009.Romo was petrified up at the Metro Dome.(something you will never see from Flacco)

Romo Fans: Does Romo's body language ever give you hope to trust in him(big games)?

Romo body language in big games, screams amateurish, embarrassing, a guy totally in over his head.I don't think any offensive line assembled will ever change the fact that he isn't good enough to play effective at this big boy level of the sport.
  14. IrishAnto

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Tell me how many turnovers these "Great" Dallas Defenses generated and where they ranked overall in generating turnovers?
  15. Gameover

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    SF generated the Matty Romo fumbled snap?

I don't know the answer to your question.I do know the 90's Cowboys teams weren't exactly turnover generators.They had the stat #1 defense in the league.

Are you saying the Cowboys weren't a damn good football team in 2007 and 2009?When the Giants took the lead at 21-17,Tony Romo had darn near a full qtr of football and he couldn't penetrate the offense passed the 40 yard line.Don't blame the 2007 loss on defense.How about the first drive of the second half.Tony Romo threw that wounded duck of a pass to Terrell Owens on third down.A decent pass, Owens scores!21-14 Cowboys!Instead, Cowboys had to settle for three.Things never wen't right from there.They gained the field position advantage.Then the Crayton drop.Don't blame the defense.
  16. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,707 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I would take Romo over any of those QB's mentioned along with a strong running game. Romo does wonders w/out the threat of running the ball and that's a HUGE difference. Romo is always pressing cause it all falls back on him to make a play and it shouldn't all the time. He would be deadly if our oline was better, more physical, and stayed on blocks longer. A strong running game is MAJOR to any QB's success and Romo has none.
  17. IrishAnto

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received

There are three basic tenets to winning in the NFL.

a. Don’t turn the ball over
    b. Force the opposition to turn the ball over
    c. Take advantage of the opposition’s turnovers by scoring points.

Dallas defense despite getting the majority of the top draft picks over the last 10 + years habitually ranks in the bottom 20% when it comes to generating turnovers.

As an example this year we were 26th and only had 7 interceptions. I believe in 2009 we were 27th (if I’m wrong I’ll only be out by one or two positions).

So as you can tell if you don’t do “b” above then there isn’t a “c” either.

In 2009 Romo threw 28 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions (he did something similar in 2011) but didn’t make much difference because the defense didn’t full fill it’s part of the bargain.

The Dallas defenses in 2007 and 2009 weren’t great. They did some good things but the single most important thing they were very poor at.

As for damn good team, weren’t the Patriots also a damn good team in 2007, but the Giants beat them too.
  18. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Both are better, and Matt Ryan is better at this point.
  19. Gameover

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    I wouldn't call it the single most important thing.
    Stopping the run and holding your own at the line of scrimmage are more important than creating turnovers.Look no furthur than the Packers the last two years.Great at creating turnovers, but lousy at the line of scrimmage(see sf more yards given up than any packer team history.rushing qb record,nyg last yr).You can even throw the Saints in that category.I even believe the 2000 Ravens weren't a high turnover creating team.I'll admit, the Packers won about three more games than they should have because of the turnovers the defense created.

Fact:packers offense finished 13th in yards gained.

Romo threw 26td in 2009
  20. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,707 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Promises promises!!!! :rolleyes: