1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Flacco and Kaepernick join the better than Romo list?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Jan 20, 2013.

1. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    If turnover ratio isn't the single most influential stat in a game, tell me how many teams win a game with a -3 or worse turnover differential (our differential in the final game against Washington) irrespective of how many yards gained or given up?

In fact go to the last game the Cowboys have played in the last ten years and see what it was and then see how many we’ve won.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,136 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    My apologies-we're on the same page in that case.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    then Peyton Manning and Tom Brady just fell off the list; and Matt Ryan went farther down.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    Don't give Romo an extension. We are asking for long-term trouble doing so.
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Kaepernick has been the most impressive young QB of all the 1st-2nd year guys out there now. We'll see if he's able to sustain this level of performance over time but he's been nothing short of fantastic so far. Huge arm, fairly accurate, can scramble/run when needed and certainly can deliver in big spots. In fact all of these young QBs have bright futures. RG3, Luck, Wilson, Kap and even Cam.

As for the Flacco, Ryan and Romo comparisons....i think the vast majority of GMs around the league would take those 2 guys over Romo. No question. And naturally i would expect Cowboys fans on a Cowboys message board to mostly side with Romo.
  6. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,531 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    This is my opinion as well. Romo needs massively better consistency of which its too late in his career to develop. So I think both are better.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    Guess what the Giants last year also had a better team around Eli. But you know what happened in that championship game vs. the 49ers? Regardless of how good the defense or run game or receivers or coaching was around Eli, there a came a point in that game when it was all on Eli's shoulders to stick a throw in a crucial moment. He did it multiple times in that game as did Flacco yesterday and last week. Point being, I hear ad nauseam on here about how Romo has trash around him and how we need to take less pressure off him by surrounding him with a better line and more consistent receivers. Well that is valid. But make no mistake about it, if he is going to lead this team to a Super Bowl run there is going to come a time when he is going to have to stick a throw on a 3rd down in the 4th quarter...I don't care how good his oline is, that moment at the crossroads will come and in that moment he has proven multiple times that he more often than not comes up short, many times in a catastrophic manner.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    haters see what they want to see
    fans see what they want to see

reality is in the middle
  9. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.
  10. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

926 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    That's an easy one, a resounding YES! and I am a Romo fan.
  11. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    joins the list of TEAMS that are better than the cowboys...when people watch these teams play dont you notice the obvious difference between the time they get to throw the ball and the time romo has.

Didnt romo outperform flacco this season, but he doesnt kick field goals...:rolleyes:
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,299 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    I remember saying last year I thought Flacco was better than Romo and all the Romo homers acted like I was crazy. Flacco was calm under pressure last year and with like .20 seconds on the clock he hit Lee Evans for the go ahead TD but Evans didn't hold on to the perfectly thrown ball.

Flacco is not the best regular season QB or a big stats guy but he is good enough to lead his team deep in the playoffs or to the superbowl. He is very clutch in the playoffs. He is starting to remind me of Eli.

Kapernick is showing tremendous poise out there as well. He beat Atlanta from standing in the pocket and throwing.. not with his feet. Also notice he didn't have one single turnover in such a huge game. If that were Romo.. he would have a couple of turnovers.

I'm really impressed with Wilson as well. It's so amazing how all these rookie/2nd year QB's are doing so well and all I keep hearing is if we move on from Romo we will end up with the Quincy,Testaverde, Henson, Bledsoe, type QB etc. It's like fans can't wrap their heads around the fact that it is possible to find a solid new QB. Romo isn't even top 10 anymore. He is in the 12-15 range. Completely undependable/unreliable in pressure situations. What is sad is the Cowboys are about to sign him to a 4-5 year contract which guarantees us mediocrity for years to come.

Brady
    Rodgers
    Peyton
    Brees
    Eli
    Roethelisburger
    Flacco
    Wilson
    Luck
    Kaepernick
    RG3
    Newton
  13. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,299 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    You aren't paying attention. Romo had time to throw for the majority of the game against Washington and Washington had a 30th rank passing defense. Romo threw for over 400 yards against them in the first game in Dallas. Yet, when the pressure was on in the "Win and you're in/win the division game" Romo completely melts down like clockwork and throws 3 interceptions that were ALL 100% on him. If Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, Luck, RG3, etc were the QB of that game for the Cowboys, we would have killed Washington.

Romo was 100% of the reason we lost to Washington. Not the oline's fault, the defense, the coaching, the receivers, or anyone else's fault. 100% on Romo.
  14. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I cant take you serious after you said romo had time to throw in that washington game...
  15. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,704 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    You'll learn this about a lot of posters on this board. He's just one of many.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,274 Likes Received
    After the freak out game he had in Washington stuff like this is definetely debatable.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,274 Likes Received
    Go back and watch the game. The pass protection was pretty decent.

Besides Romo being in chock mode, it didn't help that Garrett had no answer on how to beat the blitz.
  18. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Well, did Brady and Manning join the worse than those two list?

Maybe the question should be, Is the strong run game and good defense back in vogue?
  19. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Had nothing to do with washington being better as a team...or Romo was so bad all season he had us in that situation. I forgot about the defense carrying us the last 2 seasons to even have a shot at the playoffs...

/sarcasm.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,274 Likes Received
    They had a QB on 1 ACL who couldn't even throw the ball lol.

We played not to lose and got beat. No sense of urgency when what we were doing wasn't working.

Romo was great for most of the season. But he freaked out in a big moment. Just call a spade a spade. He set the stage and forgot his lines in the final scene.