1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Jerry Jones Stab us Fans and Cowboys Players in the Back for more money, tickets?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 8, 2012.

1. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I said ALL owners do it .. But NOT all owner are delusional enough to think they can be the teams GM and meddle in on everything and want complete credit for building a winning franchise
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Cardinals actually did something similar to this. You aren't allowed to buy single game tickets. You must buy 3, or something like that. Maybe Hos, or someone in AZ could chime in.
  3. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

440 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    its discriminatory, bad policy, but should have that right.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    theebs had an amazing post about how he's witnessed things chance.

Essentially, ticket prices went up.......long-time diehards were priced out and casual fans/businesses bought a little of the surplus while the majority went to profit-seekers who turn around and put the tickets on stubhub for 250% of face value.

Combined with the increased capacity, there's thousands of tickets up for sale for people who are willing to buy them. Pretty much those who make trips into town. They're only going to 1 game so it's not a big issue to have to pay a lot for a one time event.

Season ticket holders were pushed out by the price and visiting teams' fans filled in.

You know in those reality TV shows where one person takes on the antagonist's role and almost everyone hates that person and roots for that person to get voted off each and every week?

That's almost what the Dallas Cowboys are. Nobody likes them and following your favorite team into Dallas to watch them beat the Cowboys is like watching the antagonist get voted off. Fans don't care to see their favorite team beat up on the Jags but going to Dallas and looking at the shiny new stadjium and watching your team play the Cowboys......that's a trip.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,721 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    The America's team label never meant a thing to me. Because I know there's no such thing.
  6. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,535 Messages
    393 Likes Received
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    The only team the Cardinals do that for is the Cowboys as far as I know.

I do think it would be smart to do it for every team, but let's face it, the other tickets you don't want would still be sold to someone, probably an opposing fan.
  8. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I remember Danny throwing a hissy fit when he found Skins tickets selling on ebay for more than face value.
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    nice post, now what the hell does any of this have to do with Bears fans buying tickets?
  10. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

All that label succeded in doing was put a bigger bullseye on the team. I think it's stupid.

They are my team and that's all I really care about.
  11. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    That dope was one of the first to go with the legal scalpers instead of the ticket holders just selling for profit.

I wonder what kind of kickback the teams get for the stubhub deal.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,310 Messages
    3,549 Likes Received
    A lot, if you would actually read and absorb the material.

In real simple terms, Jerry Jones does not care if we have homefield advantage to help the team win games.

He cares only about the bottom line.

He will not care until that becomes affected.

That is what happened when we became irrelevant back in the early part of 2002.

It made him hire Bill Parcells.

And that by his own words, was to get his mecca.

Well, he got it.

And we now see what good that did.
  13. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Yeah, the only shocking thing was that Redskins tickets were selling above face value. :)
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,154 Messages
    1,096 Likes Received
    How does Jerry have any control of who buys his tickets? How does he control the growing secondary market with places like Stub Hub?
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,463 Likes Received
    he doesn't. i had a problem with his reaction to it. he sounded happy about it on the interview.
  16. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,154 Messages
    1,096 Likes Received
    Not sure how you want him to react, to be honest. Throw a temper tantrum on TV?
  17. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,796 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Exactly....you are absolutely correct....JERRY JONES is WRONG...JUST plain and simply WRONG....his has done nothing but embarrass this COWBOYS Franchise just to make a buck.....his goal all along is MONEY...I read an article were he has just about to paid off his 1.2Billion dollar stadium and how did he do it...ON the backs of the true COWBOY FANS...selling OUT the COWBOY Franchise....

SHAMEFUL Jerry Jones truly and unexuseably SHAMEFULL
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,721 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    He's not correct. He called him a great owner. He's a terrible owner.
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,463 Likes Received
    no temper tantrum needed. just make a comment that you dislike it when that happens.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    The entire reason "America's team" is a great nickname is that it provokes emotion. It matters. Other teams wouldn't want it if it didn't.