1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Jerry Jones Stab us Fans and Cowboys Players in the Back for more money, tickets?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 8, 2012.

1. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Do you know enough about the Cowboys P/L ledger to post a statement like that?
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Average fan was priced out of going to games long ago.
  3. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

768 Messages
    235 Likes Received

Exactly.

And Mr. Jones would be wise to covet rather than abandon the average fan, from whence comes the majority of the support for his team.

I know the financial health of the business is all about the bottom line, but some of his focus at the stadium is not even football-oriented.

The artwork alone would classify the place as more of a general entertainment venue.
  4. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

456 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Who is the this mythical average fan? Who decides what is a reasonable price for a game ticket without usurping the rights of the person selling the tickets? Alot of the talk in this thread is anti-freedom.
  5. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,246 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I swear people are so dense.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    What is he supposed to do, he can't stop you from selling your tickets to whomever you want.
  7. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,322 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    I happen to subscribe to the Disney World/Jerry World theory. I personally know a bunch of Cleveland fans who are making the trip for the stadium and the game, when it would be much more convenient and cheaper for them to go to Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.

They just don't mind spending the extra money to take it all in and watch their team play.
  8. AmericasTeam81

456 Messages
    84 Likes Received
  9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,829 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    Still, I don't see how that is Jerry's fault...? We complained for years about how much of a craphole Texas Stadium had become and when we get the best stadium in the league you complain.
  10. AmericasTeam81

456 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Its never oneself that is greedy, it is always the other person who is rapacious.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,836 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Wow, some of you guys act like you are shocked that the stadium was built to make money.

Why the hell do you think we have pole dancers and Victoria Secret at the stadium? Do you really think it is to have a competitve advantage over our opponents?

The bottom line is that as long a every seat in the stadium has somebody in it, it really doesnt matter who that person is rooting for, if you get my drift.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Are they still selling the standing room only tickets?

I haven't heard much about them.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Thread title is pretty silly.. as im sure most of the replies are.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    yet you opened it
  15. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Entertainment purposes.

AHHHH, JERRY JONES IS STABBING US IN THE BACK AND THROWING US OVER THE SIDE TO DIE IN OUR WATERY COWBOY LOVING GRAVES!!!

:laugh2:
  16. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its a big stadium.....and it was built to put people in it....

If we so annoyed that there are alot of opposing fans at the game.....then blame Cowboys fans for not buying the tickets in time to sell out so there wouldnt be any available for opposing fans.

Jerry isnt going to refuse selling tickets to anyone.....its just bad business.

And yes....Jerry did build that stadium to attract visitors from other states.

I dont know what the big fuss is about.

I guess you can blame Jerry for not putting a better product out there so us fans would buy all the tickets....but any owner would be a fool to refuse selling tickets to opposing fans. btw....when buying tickets....do you have to state if your a fan of the cowboys? :p:

In the grand scheme of things....what does it matter....Cowboy fans at the games are known to sit on their hands......its not like we ever had roaring fans that caused some kind of home field advantage......Just ask Troy
  17. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Nothing in your post bears any resemblance to how entertainment venue tickets are sold, Joe. Sorry.