1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Matty Ice & Tom Brady "Choke" in Romo Fashion?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Jan 21, 2013.

1. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...is way too much fun to watch and play to let it get to this state.

Sometimes a reality check is what's needed.

On the players vs laundry.

That's a tough topic. For many Cowboys fans of the 90s there was no problem enjoying those wins with JJ owning the Cowboys.

We have to accept the entire package or go find another team. JJ is out of our control.
  2. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,115 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    I agree that I lost a little bit for Romo in the last game. I guess if the Cowboys keep Garrett calling plays and keep things status quo things may continue with the same path. Hanging for hope this year and then maybe I will be in your club.
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Actually, I complain about Jerry but I like him well enough. He did his part (not going to argue about what part that was) to bring 3 rings during a good period of my life. That goes a pretty long way for me. I want to see Jerry, Garrett, Romo, Ware and Witten win because I actually do like them and can get behind them. I think they're good guys. I don't understand mindless fans who don't care who is under the helmet as long as the team wins. But everyone's different, I suppose.
  4. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Umad bro?
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Exactly! Key words.. Championship games... Those two quarterbacks led their respective teams deep into the playoffs. One can only hope we will again see a deep playoff run before we're all in rocking chairs.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Yeah, the last games was one of the worst. It was hard to find a way to defend him in that game. You could tell nerves got the best of him and that is bad news for a QB who is playing against a 30th ranked passing defense. I assure you that some of his teammates are losing faith in him!

My analogy on that last play was Romo thought to himself, "If I get blitzed here, I'm going to Murray" and then when the blitz came, he threw the ball as fast as he could and didn't even look to make sure Murray wasn't defended. If he would have and didn't have time to go anywhere else, he could have just taken a sack or thrown it away and lived to play another down. Instead he never touched the ball again and dashed our hopes for the playoffs AGAIN.

It's plays like that where you can tell he just doesn't think sometimes. He has all the talent he needs but man if he can't fix the thinking part we are screwed. The problem is, he is making the same exact mistakes he has made his whole career here. So basically it would take a coach that could get in his head or a psychiatrist or something to change his thinking.
  7. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,348 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    Dan Marino

Zero Titles

Thus a horrid QB according to some on this forum
  8. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,173 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Can probably add Jim Kelly. He was a pretty good QB deprived of SB rings too.
  9. ufcrules1

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    hmmmm.. never heard that angle before..... :banghead:
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,246 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    I pretty much don't care about making friends on a message board where you will never see someone. Heck, I wish we ALL one day have this conversation in person where I can't be restricted from going on a rampage, I'm just fed up with this QB, I think he's holding this franchise hostage. In 17 years, I've gained over 100 lbs, had 2 kids, Married divorced, multiple girl friends, gone grey, listen to excuse after excuse, and I"m just about at the end of my rope with this admins nonsense.

Luckily for me, I watch a lot of high school sports, so it keeps me from going totally insane. I'm not here to cause trouble, I don't start threads, I don't joke around too much, and I don't sit around and back and forth all day about nonsense. But seriously, I'm just sick of how things have gone, and we should ALL BE SICK OF THIS MESS, and we all know that nothing will change in this organization unless we get rid of the dictator, and we all know that he will never go unless Gene slips him a mickey.
  11. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    When you bleed silver and blue and have been around long enough to know what a great cowboy team is or two great teams for that matter, it is VERY frustraiting to watch your team struggle year after year. Especially for 17 years. This Cowboy team is allot closer that it appears. The two that have cost Dallas the most games are Tony and Garrett. Both are obviously responsible for winning allot of games too. But when you are one game away from the playoffs in back to back years it is hard to think about that. Just saying
  12. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    You didn't see that Detroit game in 2011 did you, there was another game right after that he did the same thing, it's happened enough that I don't even remember all the games he has done it in. Sort of like taste aversion, I have memory aversion to his bad games now and don't really remember them all I just dont eat/remember them again. So no mi amigo that was far from the first time he was the primary culprit in losing, even for 2012 it is just the only one you lay at his feet so please don't put your acceptance of his poor performances as mine.
  13. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Tony has the problem of throwing those heartbreaking INTs. The ones that you know he should know better than to throw.
  14. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

895 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I guess you are right here. I never see any of the others do so.:rolleyes:
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    You are referring to his two games out of 16 last year--that would be very early in the season vs non-division teams (so almost the very least important games of the season).

Two out of 16.
    He was crazy-good last year and you seem to have forgotten about it. You have no "memory aversion" to his bad games...quite the opposote. You guys always those bad games like they are 10 games...it's silly.
    31 TDs, 10 ints, >100 passer rating for the SEASON....good grief.
  16. ufcrules1

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Actually, he played bad against the Jets, Lions, Pats, Redskins, Eagles, Dolphins, Cardinals, NYG the second game. So 8 games.

You keep pounding your chest about regular season stats and I will focus on his performance in the important games.. you know, the ones that actually matter.
  17. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Uh, those are regular season games. They are no more important that any of the other 16. Just because you go and make it a "big game" in your head doesn't mean anything. You could even argue that those were "lesser" games because losses to the Jets and Lions were out of conference and out of division, respectively. Either way, it's 1 of 16.
  18. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Romo will never be"The Man". He is a busdriver trying way too hard. :laugh2:
    He is awful for Garretts system. Maybe in the WC system he would be better.
  19. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,388 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    226 more days until the offseason is over.
  20. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Good lord guys, I don't hate Romo as you seem to think I do. I think he is a very good QB and someday will hopefully get us a superbowl, but I have accepted the fact that it will probably not happen, it is not all his fault, I blame Jerry mostly as he won't build the trenches properly and a myriad of other things. Romo is what Romo is, I responded to a post you responded to mine its done, neither of us will change the others mind on how we feel so I'll bow out, and I'm not trying to change your mind just giving my point of view. I'll change my view of him being not quite a choker but not quite winner when he wins a superbowl.