1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did Red save his job last night?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MaineBoy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

428 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    With the way our season has gone, with the mistakes and stupid ways we've lost, and being embarrassed on Thanksgiving, there was a fair amount of speculation that had we lost at home to the imploding Eagles even Jerry would have felt enough pressure to fire Red. With the less than dominating win over the eagles, did Red save his job - if it was ever even in jeopardy ?
  2. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    His job was never in jeopardy.
  3. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,267 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Nope. I think it depends on the last 4 games.
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,000 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    Last night's game, whether win or lose, would not have affected his outcome at seasons end IMO. These last four games and how this team finishes will be a key factor when JJ evaluates him later.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    This team is going to have to win more than 6 games for red to be employed here next year, so definitely not
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,748 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Absolutely correct.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,333 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    If it's in jerpody or in consideration to be, it will only be if we fail to make the playoffs
  8. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Not that she is Nostradamus or nothing, and half the time she is wrong but JFE disagrees with you, and so do I, IMO she is spot on with this one.

Cowboys ugly win won't save Garret's job

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...nding_cowboys.html?blockID=829857&feedID=3799

If the Cowboys had lost Sunday, coach Jason Garrett almost certainly loses his job at season's end and possibly sooner. Why he lives to coach another day is a 38-33 victory against a broken and deflated Eagles team that was more fortuitous than deserved. And I find this confounding.

How can beating Philly save anything?

Whether The Redheaded Genius deserves more time to fix this Cowboys mess is debatable. Settling this debate, even momentarily, on a victory against a team as flawed as Philly is ludicrous. My media cohorts were all planning on writing "fire Jason" columns until Dallas did what just about every team that played Andy Reid and his train wreck Eagles team this season has done: Beat them.

JG absolutely needs to be fired. Unless he get Dallas to the Playoffs.
  9. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,396 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    It's not absolutely correct at all. It's just your hope and opinion.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Quit it. Jerrys face says the story. Garrett is gone. You know it too. Jerry looks like a beaten man.
  11. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,440 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    If the boys ( god forbid ) end up with 6-10 record , Jerry would have to do something! I would think JG will be the scapegoat as Jerry can't fire himself
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Lol Garrett a scapegoat? Really?
  13. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,922 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Then we're doomed to be a .500 team going forward. At the VERY least, JJ has to force Garrett to hire a damn OC. He's proven he can't handle both positions.
  14. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    Hate to break it to you, but he's not going anywhere for at least another year.
  15. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,602 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    If he makes the playoffs he's safe. Otherwise it seems Jerry patience with red is diminishing
  16. Hostile

118,748 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Sorry guys, just telling you the truth. You can deny it all you want, but he's safe.
  17. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    No idea who your inside source has always been Hos, but outside of a "Jones" member close to Jerry, how could you know this?
  18. Hostile

118,748 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    It's as close as you can get.
  19. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,922 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I don't doubt that. If the last 10+ years has shown us anything, it's that Jerry Jones will almost always do what's stupid. Like I said earlier, at the very least we should hire an OC. Garrett's in over his head trying to do both. I would think even a supporter could see and acknowledge that. I hate changing head coaches because it just creates instability. However, it's obvious some types of changes are required.
  20. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Margaret? ;)