1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did scandrick's play today cause you to forgive him?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    They say winning cures all.. Has scandrick's play today confirm he's worth a roster spot?

Ps forgive the typo doing this on my phone
  2. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,948 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    I for one have never doubted whether he is worth a roster spot. I did and still continue to question whether he is worth his contract.
  3. Misanthrope

Misanthrope New Member

108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't realize I needed to forgive him.

Sometimes, I seriously wonder how much our fan base really understands what they're watching on Sundays. :disseags:
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    I thought Scandrick dropped two picks and allowed a completion on a dead duck ball?
  5. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,229 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    He missed a tackle last week...he gets an occasional holding call...the guy has been locking down slot receivers all year.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,374 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Scand looked like he was playing with more energy today, but if we played anyone but Philly, he is most likely the goat again dropping two picks.
  7. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,330 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Yes...free ice cream for everyone!
  9. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,300 Messages
    2,721 Likes Received
    It is highly unlikely we will see a lot of shutdown corners with the current rules and offenses. He's above average except for hands of stone and at times plays better than that. I'm not certain about his salary.
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,142 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    i liked that he finished the game after getting nicked or got a cramp. he showed up today and that i liked.
  11. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In today's inflated cb cost world of the NFL I say he is fine even with his salary. I am not confusing him as all world CB alot of teams do not have a 3rd CB that plays as well as Scandrick has in the slot. He is what he is a solid slot cb that can play outside and manage if you have a major injury.

I know the Texans are using their 1st round pick as the nickel CB because he is not good enough to man the outside. :eek:

I would also say a better pass rush would help him out.

Yes he has hands of stone that is why you will never confuse him for a wr :D
  12. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I didn't even think he was hurt on that play, he seemed absolutely fine afterwards. Something fishy was going on there, seemed to me like his pride was hurt more than anything else
  13. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    He got away with a couple of holds too - he was light years better than Mo though, who seemed to be having a mental breakdown.

Is it true that Mo had one of the worst wonderlic scores in years?
  14. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Looked like a mild hyper-extension/knee jam - same thing happened to Mo on that Ravens TD
  15. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,937 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    he's the kind of guy that sometimes you love him, sometimes you hate him.

but he's had shots at INts the last 2 games now. Against ATL it would have been HUGE. He can get himself into position to make the play, just gotta MAKE the play
  16. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Member

733 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Those two dropped INTs would have been nice to have though.
  17. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    He's awful. Good tackle but a major liability in coverage. He should not be on the football field and he's way overpaid.
  18. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    :lmao: Really? You can debate that he's overpaid but all that other stuff? Really?
  19. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    I don't know where all the Scandrick hate comes from ?

Scandrick played a good game against the falcons. He missed a tackle against a player who has approx 40 more pounds then him.

I can forgive him that one. But i remeber DeMarcus Ware missing a clear tackle against julio jones on on 3-1. I just can'T understand that nobody is talking about that play.

You have your star player missing a must have tackle and nobody is criticising him. But you have your third CB missing a tackle that every other Cb misses too and everbody goes crazy. Talk about Scandrick being a scapegoat for a team that has problems at other positions but not at third CB.
  20. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Really. All that stuff and more. The guy should not be starting as a nickel or at any other position. He's not good. :laugh2: