1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Did scandrick's play today cause you to forgive him?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Supercowboy1986, Nov 11, 2012.

1. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,490 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Thank you for your post.

Scandrick plays a very good season. I am happy we have him. Very good slot corner.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,111 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    He played well as he usually does. Guy plays maybe the toughest position in football.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Not sure what some of you are seeing, but i saw more of the same of his usual hand check and grab routine on receivers and no PD's or INT's. Good tackler, but not that great in coverage, imo. Dropped that INT that came right to him when Maclin slipped/was interfered with. Nice hit on Shady though.
  4. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He is always in good position ,he could move to the next level if he can start making the picks. Hes really fast and I noticed that in his rookie season in a preseason game against Texans he was all over the field and is always in great position but doesnt make the play. Hes real close to being great.
  5. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    He did not wrap up and it cost us a chance for the game.

Yesterday he made the same play and almost broke his neck and did not wrap up again, luckily this time the ball carrier went down. He has been holding multiple times on Wr's. He is stupid and does not learn from mistakes, typical of the team at this point!

Wasn't Ware open field versus Jaquiz Rogers? That is a tough one for anybody.
  6. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    That win doesnt' cure that I don't like Scandrick on the Cowboys. Never have.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,305 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Saw more mistakes from him, including penalties that kept us from getting off the field on D. Not happy with him or Claiborne.
  8. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Scandrick is what he is: A marginal player who would benefit immensely from a better d-line. He has a tough job so he has to scratch and claw his way down the field covering some pretty good receivers. He will win some on effort but he is going to lose some as well because of his limitations.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,818 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    Seriously? Come on, the Cowboys paid market value for a player of Scandrick's ability. Scandrick, would have had no problem getting a similar contract from most teams and playing for them.

And if Scandrick isn't there covering the slot WR, who is? Mike 'Business Decision' Jenkins? Sorry coach, back tightened up, can't go this week.
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I was never mad at him. He is a decent player. Never been a superstar, but if the d-line does their job he will do his.
  11. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This is it
  12. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,565 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Don't those two dropped picks count as two passes defended? That is a very important statistic.

Anyway, Scandrick has hands of stone, and it seems like most of the pass defenders in this league play the receiver, not the ball. I think he's a pretty good player, compared to Jacques Reeves, anyway.

Reeves will now and forever be my benchmark on Cowboys DB's.
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    He needs to work on his catching technique. He looked like he doesn't practice catching the ball very much and it showed with his stone hands yesterday. I did like the way he played though, and I am encouraged that he was making plays on the ball. He just needs to execute when he has the opportunity because they don't come around often and can make or break games.
  14. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,562 Messages
    537 Likes Received

I would take Mike Jenkins over Scandrick any day, It's not even close. These are two different players at different levels. Jenkins (although brittle) has All-star potential and Scandrick is starting in the nickel packages only because Jerry Jones is the GM and overpaid him.
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    ^^^ This ^^^
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,585 Messages
    2,461 Likes Received
    Scandrick is not accountable to me so I do not make up the gratuitous anger that such make believe entails.

He played well. I like that.
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    That's a serious exaggeration. Guys, Orlando Scandrick is making 1.2 mil base salary and just under 3 total right now. That's hardly reaching for a guy like him. Jerry knew the whole contract was high, but its backloaded. The contract isn't bad until

Scandrick is a guy who gives you an honest 60 min and for the most part is a good coverage man. He doesn't make a lot of big plays, but he's solid and accepts responsibility for his mistakes. You need guys like this on your team.
  18. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,111 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    People want 50 pro-bowlers on the team, it's just not realisitc.

I guarantee if you put Scandrick on the market right now, every team in the league would make a claim for him. He's as good as a third/fourth corner as you'll find in the league....fans want him to be Revis, they want all the Cowboy corners to be Revis.