1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Did you lose a lot of money yesterday????

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You can thank the dems.

They had control of the house and have the right to either bring a bill to the floor or not. They KNEW they didn't have enough votes to win the vote but yet they pushed it through anyway.

Obama, who himself said he supported the bill refused to "be a leader" and never called any of his democrat friends to urge passage. 40% of the dems opposed it. Even Barney Frank's own committee members who are dems failed to vote for it.

To further sabotage the effort, the queen bee herself, Pelosi gave an partisan speech aimed at curtailing any support the bill may have had among some Republicans. So why would these morons do this?

One reason. So Bizerk Nobama can run around on the stump all day today saying, "we lost all this money in one day and it's the Bush-McCain economic policy". And in the same breath this bafoon says, we need bipartisan effort on this for the American people.

This is the biggest BS artist in the history of the country and many voters are buying it.

It's a shame too, but at this point, the MSM is in love with this fool that they will never report any of this.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like. Zone Supporter

9,548 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    Actually, the Republicans and Democrats were working together on this. They wanted to split the vote 50/50 between Repubs and Dems, but the Dems were informed that the Republicans couldn't get enough for that. So, the Dems said they'd bring 135 to the measure if the Repubs could bring the rest. They couldn't.

It's politics. No one wants all the blame if it fails so they were working together to make sure the blame would be equal.
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So pelosi was "working with the republicans" when she made her speech?

Riiiight. :rolleyes:

You honestly don't believe what you just typed do you? If this was such a big priority, they would have had the votes on their side. They wanted to make sure it didn't pass. And when you are in control, you don't bring a bill to the floor unless you know it will either be passed or defeated based on your desire for the bill.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,216 Messages
    9,759 Likes Received
    I didn't like it anyway, so who cares who gets the blame. Go back, work the agreement again or come up with better alternatives.

I looked at the breakdown of the votes and there were quite a few bipartisan NAYs, so pointing the fingers is pretty useless, IMO.
  5. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Pelosi's speech was foolish and uncalled for, there's no doubt about that.

I think they were just trying to push something through before the Jewish New Year since congress wouldn't be in session. A lot of people wanted this to be passed and they thought they had enough and could get it done before the recesses, unfortunately they couldn't. I honestly don't think you can blame either side for the failure to pass the bill.
  6. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    And Cajun in a true Bi-Partisanship manor points out...who's at fault...ignoring any Republican involvement at all.

:laugh2:
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Laugh all you want. But this was a calculated political ploy by the dems to ensure bad publicity for McCain even though he actually tried to get it done.

Now, I am not in favor of the bailout as it was written, but the media darling has you people BS'd beyond belief.
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sorry WG, it does matter. Do you not think it's important to know who is playing games with this? Or would you just say I don't care, and forget what they did?
  9. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    So you're not in favor of the bailout plan as written and neither are I would say the majority of people out there...but you want congress to pass it anyways just so McCain won't look bad?

OK.

10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No, they didn't think they had it passed. The last thing the dems wanted was a proposal that came from the administration to pass. So they threw it up knowing it would be defeated. Also, knowing the reaction Wall Street would have was irresponsible for even trying such a stunt.

They couldn't even get that lousy Frank's committee to vote for it. They knew exactly what they were doing.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I swear to god, the remedial class rooms must be full in Ohio.

I am talking about what happened in the house yesterday and they way it was done. If you can't see that shame on you for burying your head in the sand.
  12. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,973 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If the last thing that Dems wanted was for a proposal from the Bush administration to pass, wouldn't it make sense that that would be the first thing the House republicans wanted? They too knew the reaction Wall St. would have, why not have more support? You really can't blame it on one party while absolving the other of it's share.

It was a failure on both sides and the economy took a very large blow because of it.
  13. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    There was NOTHING done but Pelosi giving a speech.

While I don't agree with her doing that...not voting for it because of that is BS.

In the end people didn't vote for it on both sides because they didn't like it as written...just like you.

There is no conspiracy going on here Mulder.
  14. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Obviously you can.

:rolleyes:
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Wow! The speech was calculated. The Republican's didn't bring it to the floor. The dems did. That was their responsibility as the majority and they played this game with Wall Street.

They are irresponsible. And Obama himself did NOTING to push it through because he knew that he would have more political fodder.

No, there was no conspiracy. Conspiracies are done in secret. And only a moron wouldn't recognize what went on there.
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sure you can. When it is the majorities responsibility to either bring a vote to the floor or not then you can. And knowing what would happen when it doesn't pass is reckless.

You even had the dems on the floor leading up to the vote, as it was sounding more and more like it wasn't going to pass calling out the plumeting Dow Numbers. And that is responsibility?

Give me a break.

Oh and kudos to those who didn't vote for this plan. Republican or Democrat if they voted against it for the right reason.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,412 Messages
    3,577 Likes Received
    But Romney was on TV telling me what a great job McCain did getting the bill passed, of course that was before the vote had taken place.:laugh2:

Kinda like McCain putting out a web video claiming "VICTORY" in the debate at like 9:30 AM the day of the debate.:laugh2:

And you guys are calling out the Dems for putting politics first?

How can you guys keep a straight face?:lmao2:
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,216 Messages
    9,759 Likes Received
    There's always gonna be partisan rhetoric, but I can't imagine that the republican congressman would be so peeved about it to ignore the meat of a bipartisan proposal.

Like I said, there were quite a few democratic nays in addition to the republican nays. You seem to think the dems should've pushed it through regardless of the republican participation. But if they did, then there would be rhetoric about the democratic congress pushing something down the taxpayers throat.

I'm trying to look beyond the rhetoric and look at it for what it was. A bad deal.
  19. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Sounds like you think there is.

And what makes you think that this calculated ploy wasn't hatched in secret before they went to the House floor.

Whatever.

[IMG]
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You have to be stupid not to know what was going on. But this thread is doing what I thought it would. Expose those who know politics and those who don't understand it except on a superficial level.

And all the smilies and pictures don't help you any either.