1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Diet Help Needed

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCowboy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    What good is temporary weight loss if it's not a lifestyle change? Sure, you can "lose weight" on the "Twinkie Diet" for example, but watch how fast you become a diabetic and develop other problems such as heart disease and cancer.
  2. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And the ironic thing about the "Twinkie Diet" is that all the markers of the professor who demonstrated it improved.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Haub was monitoring his markers everyday, and they continually imrpvoed despite the fact, he was previously eating what many construe as a healthy diet.

To quote once again,

Nobody really knows, but to claim that their is a metabolic advantage to certain types of nutrients causing one to lose weight is simply hogwash. It's really all about the calories.
  3. TheSport78

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    We can agree to disagree on your last paragraph.
  4. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    You lost 140 lbs in 4 months?
  5. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,051 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    With all the advice that has been given I think you just need to clarify you goal:

Is it losing weight or living healthy?

As an example:

If its losing weight as somone pointed out you can still take a can of soda, etc just as long as your in a calorie deficit.

If its living healthy - cut out the soft drinks, wake up with a good attitude, cut out red meat, eat fish like salmon instead, and just condition yourself to not eat processed/boxed foods, don't take stuff like the Dallas Cowboys so seriously, sleep with regular patterns, don't stare at a monitor all day, etc.

good luck!
  6. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,051 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    This.

I don't think losing weight should ever be the goal. Getting healthy should be the goal.
  7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    Sept. 2011
  8. TheSport78

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  9. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Was going to say that was nuts...still though...great job!
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,439 Messages
    1,629 Likes Received
    Thing is nobody can stay perfect all of the time so the way I explained how to diet is usually what people do anyways.

It's the consistency of it all that makes a difference and there is no way you can cut out everything that isn't "clean".

Just eat the best you can daily within a calorie deficit and take a Multi vitamin and you'll be good to go.
  11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    Thanks. Still working on it though.

But I went from this:

[IMG]
    - Jan 2010 playoff game.

And this:

[IMG]
    -On the left (November 2010).

To this:

[IMG]
    - Not the best Picture (except for the obvious eye candy).

And this:

[IMG]
    - The hoodie is a size Large, compared to the 5XL's I was wearing.
  12. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Look into Paleo - I was 290 LBS and dropped to 230 in 4 months. It limits the food groups you can eat, but you can eat as much as you want of the food groups they allow. Its pretty much a caveman diet. Meat, Nuts, Fruit Vegetables and Eggs.
  13. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,437 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    Wow congrats Chldsplay! Definitely a good inspiration.
  14. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

810 Messages
    29 Likes Received

That is ballin dude. Keep up the great work! I have about 40-50 I want to still lose myself.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,251 Messages
    511 Likes Received

I struggle with a weight issue myself.

Now, dont laugh.

I bought nutribullet.

http://www.nutribullet.com/

Now, I dont eat a "solid" meal for dinner. I cram fruits and greens and nuts into the bullet and it fills me up. After about 5 days my stomach started to lose its roundness and started towards flatness.

No, not 6 pack abs... but it was a great jumpstart for me.

I believe its $120 on tv
    but at Bed, Bath and Beyond its $100
    THEN you print a 20% off coupon and its only $80

Most infomerical stuff is crap! This isnt one of them. You can clean it in less than 30 seconds. Only 2 pieces.
  16. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,850 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    PM me if you want. I was in a similar position - I played football for a few years, got a fractured spine and then got sick and put on prednisone. I went from 170 pds pure muscle to 140 muscleless to 200+ just fat to 160 looking average back on medicine to 210+ and now being cured from UC due to surgery I was able to cutdown to 130. (was at 120 but was far too thin so put on 10 pounds, ice cream is the easiest weight gainer when your not looking for "Good weight" lol, all this was in a 1 and a half year period)

We have different builds but the techniques I used would probably apply similarly due to the age similarity.