1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Difference between Seahawks, Cowboys comes from the draft

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by morasp, Jan 31, 2014.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Did you see Kam Chancellor leave his man to go punish Welker when he saw the ball in the air on that deep crossing pattern? That's how you play pass defense.
    khiladi likes this.
  2. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,268 Likes Received
    Many say the Cowboys have no identity. Couldn't be further from the truth.

The Cowboys are a mentally weak, finesse team. All flash with no substance. And leadership who seem to love it that way.

Polar opposite of the Seahawks.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,268 Likes Received
    Yes, indeed.
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    I just remember the sound of Seattle's defenders punishing the Denver WRs and flying to the ball. They reminded me of the young Dallas team punishing the Bills. I was just depressed.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,848 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    I wonder if Denver fans are questioning thier GM and the 2012 draft. Looking back at the 2012 draft, the Broncos' GM chose DL Derek Wolfe early in the 2nd when LB Bobby Wagner was still there. And Denver's GM followed that up later in the 2nd round by taking QB Brett Osweiler while QB Russell Wilson was available.

So, if Denver had a GM worth his salt who had a clue how to draft, Denver could have had both Wagner and Wilson. And I'm sure Denver fans could look back to the Sherman and Chancellor draft picks and wish they would have chosen them instead of whoever it is they chose. Denver could have easily had Wagner, Wilson, Chancellor and Sherman on their team and that, folks, is the difference between the Broncos and the Seahawks and a super bowl ring. If only Denver's owner wasn't meddling and making picks and acting like a GM. Oh, wait, Denver has a GM, right?
  6. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Yeah, I mean it wasn't like they shut the WRs down totally. Thomas had 13 catches (super bowl record) and a TD, and Welker had 8 catches for 80+ yards. But they were largely confined to one side of the field, and they were always getting rocked, getting balls knocked out, etc.
  7. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    And if it becomes a trend that John Elway constantly misses on draft picks, then he will probably "resign." Can you say the same thing here?
    Mr Cowboy likes this.