1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: ‘My idol’ Ray Lewis up next Bruce Carter, Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    By Mark Francescutti
    mfrancescutti@dallasnews.com
    9:44 pm on October 7, 2012 | Permalink

Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers is black-and-blue familiar with the Baltimore Ravens.

In each of his first five years in the NFL, his Cleveland Browns banged heads twice every season with their AFC North rival. When he moved to the Houston Texans last season, Vickers, as luck would have it, once again squared off against the Ravens two times.

Here’s the off-season free agent signee’s up-close and personal scouting report on the Ravens defense that will be waiting for the Cowboys on Sunday.

“It’s going to be physical,” said Vickers, who has made a career as a blue-collar blocker. “Everything is physical up there. There is nothing finesse about going to play Baltimore.”

Mention Lewis’ name in the Cowboys locker room and eyes widen. Backs stiffen. Everyone comes to attention.

“That’s my idol,” said Bruce Carter, the second-year linebacker who has begun to make an impact alongside fellow linebacker Sean Lee in the middle of the Cowboys defense.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/my-idol-ray-lewis-up-next-bruce-carter-cowboys.html/
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Hopefully Carter doesn't ask for Lewis's autograph after the game.
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Atleast Lewis you can respect.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,566 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Ray ray starting to show his age this year. They are running right at him with success.
  5. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,835 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    :eek:
  6. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,819 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    probably because he dropped 20 pounds to be more effective in the passing game.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  7. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    why? what's wrong with that? I hope he does get his idol's autograph.