1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: 20 Years After Jerry & Jimmy Split

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by peplaw06, Mar 31, 2014.

1. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Thank You---This is the truth:D
  2. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    This shows if Jones would have kept his mouth shut, Jimmy would have stayed at least one more year, and the Cowboys would have been the only team to win 3 Super Bowls in a row. I think if Jimmy stayed one more year and one the third Super Bowl in a row, he would have come back for a 4th Super Bowl win in a row.
    Dodger12 likes this.
  3. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,302 Messages
    866 Likes Received
    As time passes the story always seems to change for some people and that's the only thing I have a problem with. Jimmy leaving was not a foregone conclusion. But things degraded to the point where a separation was inevitable.

Also, had Jimmy and Jerry been able to make it work for another year or two, the 1994 draft and beyond may have looked a whole lot different and we may have extended our dominance in the decade even further.
    dallasdave likes this.
  4. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Its hard to think how many Super Bowls we would have won with Jimmy staying year or two. As you pointed out he would have helped develop the roster and this would have given us a large window to win Super Bowls.
    cajuncocoa likes this.
  5. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    A couple things in there match what Troy Aikman was saying at the time. Jerry might have gotten a fair shake with this one.
  6. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    You said it and said it well.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    It is a possibility but doesn't "show" anything else.
  8. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Yeah, it's not a fact I will give you that, but what is a fact is Jimmy won 2 Super Bowls in 5 years with Dallas and Tom won 2 Super Bowls with 29 years with Dallas.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,598 Messages
    1,187 Likes Received
    The same Jimmy Johnson who used the DMN as his mouthpiece.

Jimmy orchestrated his way out of Dallas, using Jerry as a patsy. Jimmy knew exactly what he was doing.
  10. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,302 Messages
    866 Likes Received
    Are you telling me because that's what you believe or are responding to the article I posted because that's not the way I interpret what was quoted?
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,598 Messages
    1,187 Likes Received
    That's what I believe. As great of a coach Jimmy Johnson was, he was a master manipulator. It wouldn't and doesn't surprise me in the least that he would try to orchestrate his exit and make Jerry Jones look like the bad guy.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,750 Messages
    10,044 Likes Received
    Yes, guys. Jimmy orchestrated it. Jerry certainly hasn't proven him right in the two decades since then that he's a power hungry lunatic.
    tantrix1969, dallasdave and Dodger12 like this.
  13. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Well said, stay thirsty my friend.
  14. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,742 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    Well Risen, if you listen to some of the people on here Jerry is not power hungry and Jimmy actually wanted to leave at that point. Jerry has proved o several occasions and through several coaches that he is not power hungry; he let Parcell run the team, (until he got tired of it and took over); He let Wade run the team, (in front of the camera),,, Sheesh nevermind cause JG has never had the semblance of running the team. That doesn't mean Jerry is power hungry though, does it? He just wants to win in a way that says me, me, me, me; and then them.
  15. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Bottom line is Cowboys would have been a great team longer if Jimmy would have stayed longer.