1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Archer: Cowboys' Class of 2003 sets sights on reaching the ultimate goal

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gemini Dolly, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    MICHAEL AINSWORTH/DMN
    The Cowboys' foundation of (from left) Terence Newman, Bradie James, Jason Witten and Tony Romo say their connection goes beyond football. They've been through a lot together.

OXNARD, Calif . – There were only two people on the shuttle bus from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to the local hotel back in early May 2003.

"There was this big goofy guy next to me," Tony Romo said.

It was Jason Witten.

"He was like, 'I play quarterback. They brought me in as a free agent,' " said Witten, who was a third-round pick that spring. "He didn't know who I was and I didn't know who he was. You can imagine the anxiety between two guys when you're just trying to survive."

That weekend they joined Terence Newman and Bradie James for their first rookie minicamp in Bill Parcells' first on-field test as the Cowboys' head coach.

Read more
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,335 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    What a crappy draft class! :laugh2:

And some people piss on Bill Parcells and how he drafts here.
  3. BLEU3ASY

BLEU3ASY Member

740 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jerry got his return and more with the 3rd round pick.. A humble hard working guy who does just as much off the field as he does on it.
  4. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looking at the picture of the 4 of them reminded me just how good the 2003 draft class & undrafted rookie FA signing was. Geez, 3 of those 4 guys are repeat pro bowler. Even more impressive is the reasonable possibility Witten could become a HOFer; same goes for Romo if/when he wins at least 2, preferably 3, SBs.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man that class sucks!!! What's the big deal....

:muttley: