1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Archer: Jerry Jones is putting this season more on the coaches than himself

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,077 Messages
    4,422 Likes Received
    Todd Archer, Cowboys beat writer for SportsDayDFW.com and The Dallas Morning News, answered readers' questions in a chat Friday. Some excerpts:

On if Jerry Jones would get some help with his general manager duties:

No, I don't. In fact, Jerry keeps mentioning he believes there is talent here so he is putting this on the coaches more than the GM. Is that right or wrong? We're about to find out. In August just about everybody in the league was saying this was the most talented roster in the league and Jerry was responsible for that. Now the same gurus are saying he shouldn't do the job. I'm not saying he SHOULDN'T get somebody in here to help. I'm saying I don't think HE will do it.

On if Jerry Jones moving training camp around was the problem:

To me the problem wasn't moving training camp around, it was the lack of work in training camp the last 10 days or so in Oxnard. After losing to San Diego Jones said he wanted to see his team be more physical, and Phillips had them in ballcaps for practice. That was the issue. Not where camp was.

Read More http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/archer-jerry-jones-is-putting.html
  2. TX Cowboy

TX Cowboy Member

242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerruh would be right IF? he actually let the coaches coach, instead of being a indian giver and taking back the power. He promised to the unknowing H/C just so he could lure them in to taking the job