1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Babe Laufenberg: I hope people are losing confidence in Tony Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,395 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys radio color commentator Babe Laufenberg was interviewed by Josh and Elf on KRLD-FM 105.3 on Monday (10/17) to discuss the Cowboys-Patriots game. Here are some highlights:

Do you think Jason Garrett has lost confidence in Tony Romo's decision-making?
    "With Romo, people say they are losing confidence. I hope they're losing confidence. I mean that. It's like a kid. You tell your son to be home at midnight, and he comes home at two. You give him one more chance, you want him home at midnight, and he comes home at two again. What do you do eventually? You know how you stop him from coming home at two? You take away the keys to the car.

"So Jason took the keys to the car away. 'I kept telling you to come home at midnight Tony, and you didn't. So I know how we are going to solve this. We are going to take the keys away.' "

To listen to the interview, click here.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...people-are-losing-confidence-in-tony-romo.ece
  2. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,660 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Any wonder why YOU never had the keys,Babe??
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,043 Messages
    1,599 Likes Received
    They handed the keys to Babe once and he lost the car. :laugh2:
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,656 Likes Received
    That Detroit loss really flipped the switch on Babe.

Not Staubach, Aikman, Warner, nor almost any of the other NFL QBs....but it was the tipping point for Babe. His tune has really changed since then.
    The anaolgy makes sense but Tony having blown in the 4th 4 times in the last 41 chances does not equate to doing it all the time.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Babe was a huge supporter of Romo.

I didn't hear many people calling out his opinions then because his career was nothing to brag about.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,092 Messages
    1,949 Likes Received
    I don't think it matters if Laufenberg supports or doesn't support Romo.
  7. Doomsday101

75,043 Messages
    1,599 Likes Received
    I don't care what Babe has to say neg or positive. He has a job to do.

I would point out his line "So Jason took the keys to the car away. 'I kept telling you to come home at midnight Tony, and you didn't. So I know how we are going to solve this. We are going to take the keys away.' "

Garrett says that was not the case so this story is Babe story not what Garrett did or how Garrett feels about Romo. That is only part I would take exception with. When any report puts their feeling out there and makes it out to be how someone else thinks or feels.
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    I respect Babe's talent evaluation more than any other sports reporter.

I worries me if he is losing faith in Romo.
  9. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    But what is Garrett supposed to day? "Yeah I took the keys away from him because I don't trust him". Jason Garrett is not going to a press conference and tell everybody that he called conservative plays in the red zone because he doesn't trust his QB.

He can't do that. We really don't know if what Babe is saying is true or not. At the end of the day it doesn't matter.

But what Garrett does think of Tony Romo DOES matter...in a big way. And Garrett has no intention of telling you or me or anybody else what he thinks of his QB right now.
  10. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    And he's certainly not going to share that with ANYBODY in the media.
  11. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,630 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    I think Garrett's confidence in Romo is shaken...for the moment. I think Garrett thought 'we can't lose another game like we have did against the Jets or Lions where we don't get the lead with at least a field goal.'

You can only have your team's back broken the same way so many times before people start finger pointing and second guessing.

I think he'll trust Romo in the near future. Deep down, I really don't trust Tony in critical situations, but I don't think the team has much of a choice not to in the future (nor does any team in the NFL have the luxury to never having to trust their starting QB).

YR
  12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Babe is correct...
  13. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,627 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I think Babe is incorrect....
  14. Doomsday101

75,043 Messages
    1,599 Likes Received
    That is just it you nor I know what Garrett thinks or feels that does not mean you go out and put words in his mouth.

What Babe said was his view and that is fine but don't sell it as Garrett view unless you know it for a fact.

That is like me saying what you think, chances are you would not like it if I went around telling other this is how RXP feels about this.

I do agree how Garrett feels about Romo is important but what you can't nor Babe can tell me is what that feeling is.

If you make the comment at least say this is what I think not what Garrett thinks
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,043 Messages
    3,960 Likes Received
    It bugs me, too. Because Babe is pretty good at what he does. He also knows JG well.
  16. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,182 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    What is Babe good at?

Talking? Cmon that job requires no skill...

Who the heck is he to talk smack, he robbed money everytime he collected a check from the Cowboys. I hate it when he talks about when he used to play....

No one cares about that loser.

Babe was never "good at what he does"...
  17. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's part of the media, the words that come out of their mouth can be their own or what they are told to say. Who really cares what they say anymore.
  18. Hoofbite

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    He's pretty good at evaluation the situation, both because he pays attention and because he has lines inside of Valley Ranch.

Just because you don't know whether he's good or not and don't like what he says doesn't mean he automatically sucks at his job.

It's pretty well known that Babe has strong ties to the inside, one of which has the last name Jones.
  19. Hoofbite

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    He's been Pro-Romo before being Pro-Romo was cool.

Way before "Moxie", that's for sure.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,415 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Funny how he avoided answering my last e-mail.