News: DMN: Barry Church Q&A...Talks Lebron, Sean Taylor, his "Welcome to NFL" moment

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 17, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Need A Win...By any means necessary Staff Member

70,897 Messages
    12,866 Likes Received
    Cowboys' Barry Church on saying hello to LeBron James; Chris Cooley welcoming him to the NFL

Jon Machota / Special Contributor | Bio
    11:27 PM on Wed., Nov. 16, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- Barry Church is bigger than your average safety. At 6-2, 220 his size allows him to play linebacker in passing situations. Watching former Redskins safety Sean Taylor gave Church the confidence that bigger guys could play safety in the NFL.

While Church never got a chance to meet Taylor, who was killed in 2007, he always tried to emulate the All-Pro defensive back from Miami.

That was one of the many topics I discussed with Church after Wednesday's practice.

Here is the second half of my conversation with the second-year defender who signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted rookie free agent. The first half can be read here.

What's your example of a perfect day off?
    "The perfect day would be waking up about 10:30, having some cheese eggs with some ketchup and a glass of orange juice. And [play the video game] "Modern Warfare" for about three hours. Then after that, hopefully some college football. Maybe basketball will come around eventually, but that would be the perfect day for me."

Read the rest of the interview:

To read the 1st part of the interview, click here:
  2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,928 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    cheese eggs with some ketchup????.I think he can be a good player
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,580 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    My wife does that with her eggs. I just look at her and shake my head.

Man time flies. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago since Taylor died. :(
  4. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

850 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Mine adds a touch of worschershire sauce with the eggs.... yummy...
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,476 Messages
    2,516 Likes Received
    Sounds like a cool dude. Cheese eggs, video games, and we have the same taste in women.

Hope Solo ftw.