1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Beasley in walking boot - MRI shows sprained ligaments

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Hot_Toddy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Hot_Toddy

Hot_Toddy Active Member

312 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys WR Cole Beasley in a walking boot after MRI shows sprained ligaments in left foot
    [IMG]
    By Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com
    9:21 pm on August 10, 2013 | Permalink

OXNARD, Calif. — Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Cole Beasley had an MRI on his injured left foot Saturday that showed he had sprained ligaments and some bone bruising.

Beasley was in a walking boot Saturday and is expected to miss some practice time this week, though no timetable has been set for his return.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...i-shows-sprained-ligaments-in-left-foot.html/
  2. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Member

873 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Danny Coale, time to see what you've got.
  3. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    What does this have to do with Danny Coale?
  4. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,978 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    His roster spot..?
  5. cwbyfan72

cwbyfan72 Member

873 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Drafted in the 5th last year with high expectations from some folks and never saw the field. I would think he was ready to ball a bit....
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received

Danny Coale isn't making this roster, and certainly isn't going to make it in place of Cole Beasley.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,208 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I just don't get the fascination with Beasley. He's a guy. With a seventh grade body.
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,412 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    I think Beasley would be a 750-1000 yd WR in NE's offense with Tom Brady throwing him the ball. Assuming he could stay healthy.
  9. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    He has a seventh grade body and has shown he can be relatively successful in the NFL. That's pretty fascinating right there. Thanks for pointing that out.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,208 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    He gets hurt when you tap him on the shoulder.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,833 Messages
    1,612 Likes Received
    I know that wasn't for me.
    But I would very be careful in saying that someone's practice and preseason performance has proven that they can be relatively successful in the NFL.
    That has been proven wrong 100s of times already in the past.

That does not mean we discount practice and preseason reps (the good and bad)....just that preseason and regular season are night and day regarding completion level, scheme, and intensity.
    Hope it works out.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  12. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Well, if you take the few reps he's gotten in the regular season last year, I feel like he showed he could play the slot WR position rather well. It just sucks that it seems after 2 or 3 hits on him, he comes up limping and then we don't get to see him for another 3 games.
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Beasley will be ok, he can be lethal in the slot!
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,325 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    I don't get the infatuation with Beasley either. Rather have Coale warming the bench....Beasley gonna get hurt bad.
  15. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,551 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I could very well be mistaken but I don't remember him having much of an injury history since he's been with the cowboys.
  16. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

936 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I really like Beasley due to what he's been able to do. He is very small and can dunk. He has to be ultra talented to be able to sniff an NFL club and get a little playing time. BUT, I don't think he is going to make it in this league. He may be the smallest player in the league. I know, I know, there are other guys as short as Beasley but they are thick, Beasley isn't. There is no way he can play a significant amount of time and stay healthy. That's just my opinion and I'm sure some will disagree.........
    newlander likes this.
  17. chagus

chagus Member

195 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Hope Beasley can come back and contribute but on the other hand it would be GREAT TO FINALLY see what Coale can do!
  18. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    not at all bro....you are right on. This kid looks like an arena bowl player. Same kinda player as Amendola but smaller. Nice quicks, good routes, but he's a china doll. It's simple physics for crying out loud.
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,208 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I say this respectfully, but I'm genuinely concerned for Beasley when I see him play. I could see him getting very seriously injured, the kind of injury you don't walk away from.

He really does look like a young high school kid out there. I don't think I've ever seen an NFL player built so frail as him, especially this day and age.

Welker and Amendola are powerfully built for small guys; Beasley just looks like a toothpick.
    Tom Jones likes this.
  20. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,012 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Didn't he quit last camp then come back? Nothing to do with him playing I just wondered.