1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Beasley in walking boot - MRI shows sprained ligaments

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Hot_Toddy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    lol

Coale isn't taking Cole's roster spot.
  2. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Too bad Beasley didn't got to Texas Tech like Welker and Amendola did, then the comparisons would make him a shoo-in. :)
  3. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Wes Welker - 5'9" 185 lbs.

Danny Amendola - 5'11" 185 lbs.

Cole Beasley - 5'8" 180 lbs.
  4. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    DeSean Jackson - 5'10" 175 lbs.

Lance Dunbar - 5'8" 185 lbs.
  5. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,956 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    this has nothing to do with Coale, it has everything to do with Cole winning and keeping a roster spot...there are what, 90 roster spots currently? If coale can't keep one of them, it is time to cut bait...I still have coale as one of my pet cats and hope he comes through, but Beasley being dinged doesn't open the door for danny coale
  6. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,139 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I know..whatever.

It's getting late in training camp to be getting these injuries if they have any hope of making the roster.
    So we'll see.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,869 Messages
    7,588 Likes Received
    He's Everyman for skinny guys everywhere who always thought, if they just worked hard enough, they could have a legitimate NFL career.

Personally, I'd prefer we have guys in that position group that we can use both inside and out, but I have to admit, it's pretty fun watching him go into a game and convert a third down play from the slot. He's sure-handed in those situations, too, which is pretty endearing in a WR. Either way, I do think the QB and the team likes him and that he's almost certainly going to be on this roster for the coming year.
  8. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Member

79 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Erod, I agree with all that you said. I think Armstrong or Green could take his spot. thoughts?
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I would agree if we were talking about a bubble guy.

We aren't though.
  10. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,947 Messages
    1,091 Likes Received
    Beasley will be on this team as our #4 guy at the very least. Not even worried about it. He can flat out move the chains and finds the soft spot on opposing D's. Let's not forget he has some of the best hands on the team. If this was the regular season, the boot would come off and he'd be playing the next game.

It's preseason boys and girls.