1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Bill Callahan believes health has improved Cowboys’ continuity

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 27, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,378 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    By Mike Heika / Reporter
    mheika@dallasnews.com
    4:38 pm on December 27, 2012 | Permalink

Bill Callahan is not much for excuses, so he’s not going to blame injuries for any previous losses, but the Cowboys offensive coordinator said Thursday he feels good having a healthy offense going into a huge showdown against the Washington Redskins.

“I think it’s great that everybody is back,” Callahan said.

Now, part of the problem, Callahan said, was that the Cowboys were trailing and had to throw the ball _ which they did well. However, he believes that having a full complement of healthy players can allow Dallas to execute the game plan better earlier in the game.

“We have more stability and more continuity, and a common thread is communication,” Callahan said. “And anytime you have great communication and continuity, it bodes well for your offense to function. You can execute better, and you can play off one another better, and you can anticipate things a whole lot better. Having them back is a plus.”

Asked if the Cowboys will push to run the ball more this week, he said he wasn’t sure.

“You just don’t know,” he said. “All these games are different. Every time you get in one of these games you sit there as a staff and say, ‘OK we’re going to run 30 times.’ We only ran it 11 times last week, so you want to be balanced and you strive to do some things to create balance and create more opportunities, but some of those plans get pushed out of the way when you have to adapt after the first quarter and you may take advantage of certain things.”

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-health-has-improved-cowboys-continuity.html/
  2. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Garrett will always be a pass-first schemer, and that's not a bad thing necessarily. With Murray we seem to have a RB who can balance our offense, but make no mistake Garrett would rather pass. The whole thing is, I don't know that if we were a better run-blocking team than pass-blocking, if Garrett would even then prefer to run the ball.

We showed against the Ravens that we can run, but perhaps losing that game will make him shy away from it. That would be too bad, because I think we can and should jam the ball down the Skins throat... but I'll be happy to be division champs, however its done.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    The offense doesn't bother me about this game. My worry is stopping the run. Stop the run and we most likely win the game.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,412 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    If that includes stopping RG then I agree. Although we'll have to do well in all three facets IMO.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,152 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    Isnt it "all three PHASES?" :lmao2:
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,178 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    we had ONE game this season where we ran the ball well.

Last week against the worst D in the league- just how well did we run the ball?
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

14,629 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Both expressions are valid. You know what a facet is right?