1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN Blog: '4th and Long' - Finalist *Spoilers* - Merge

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 19, 2009.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,546 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    Welcome to the internet. Sometimes, on these things called online message boards, people make jokes.

You just got suckered by one of them. Congratulations.
  2. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    I honestly don't know who wins. All of these guys will be lucky to sniff past the second cut. We already have too many Holley-wannabees already.

Hawkins at least has an outside chance due to return abilities, but don't forget that NFL teams haven't exactly been jumping at the chance to sign anybody.
  3. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,146 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Avery, just remember the old quote of "theres isnt much difference between the cuts and the people who make up the last 5 spots of your team. Sometimes, its just opporunity." I know that isnt the exact quote but you get the idea. Holley, to me, has everything except speed. I think thats going to kill him in the NFL. Hawk, has everything but size. Don't get me wrong but Hawk reminds me of Troy Brown. If he can get off a jam in the NFL, maybe all he needs is a chance. Dont get me wrong either, I know these guys hasnt played against real comp yet too.

Did anybody ever find out who the QB was throwing to them on the show?
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,410 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    No, but it's obvious why he never made a team. Dude sucks.
  5. Tikkanen

Tikkanen New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,414 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Just read the episode preview on comcast. Newman will be on tonight as well.
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Gunner drills in the bubble at VR :eek:
  8. GOLDENCHILD1688

GOLDENCHILD1688 Well-Known Member

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    damn this dude holly is beasting
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yeah and he had one real nice false start. He took off a good count before the ball was snapped on that long catch. :laugh2:
  10. GOLDENCHILD1688

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    yeah i caught that lol
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,027 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Holley wins, official.
  12. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,076 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Holley, but dang, I feel bad for Hawkins. He was the best KR, Special Teams, and YAC player on the show.

:(
  13. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Really Holley?

Who else thought that fumble in the game by Hawkins was a little too staged?
  14. jumanji

jumanji Member

678 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    so i have it tivo'd but i watched the ending. what happened to make him pick holley and what happened to emo?
  15. mperfection

mperfection Member

793 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's no way that Holley will make it down to the final 75. The Cowboys missed out on a good guy in Hawkins. This signals to me that the Cowboys were not serious about using one of these guys and that more than likely there will be a Vet WR addition to the Cowboys before the 2nd game of the season. Book it!!
  16. GOLDENCHILD1688

4,325 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    i thought hawk would win but im not mad with holley at all

his played his butt off the whole show especially tonight.

that hawk fumble really hurt him
  17. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Holley has all the physical skills you could want. I'll be curious to see how he does at camp. I'd love to see him make it.

Hawkins is great, but you can only take one, and his height is the one thing that makes him slightly more of a question mark. but i'm willing to bet that guy ends up in a camp somewhere.
  18. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,706 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Shoulda been hawk... but i will give the kid a chance...
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,504 Messages
    2,025 Likes Received
    ~ raises hand ~

You guys got me to watch this tonight, or at least most of it... When they did those gunner drills at VR (and yeah Yeag, that was kinda spooky), Hawkins made the tackle every time he got a chance. And he didn't just beat the holdup guys, he made a solid tackle.

Looks to me that it was just like a bunch of us thought: Mike picked the guy who reminded him of himself. He probably wasn't ever going to pick the little guy.
  20. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Active Member

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    At least put spoiler in your title man come on, you just ruined it for some.

But I completely agree. Dallas is flat out wrong for discrediting WR's that are not prototypical size. 6'3 200 lbs or less will not get you any notice from Dallas.

It's too bad, because the one receiver that they had who was small, was Terry Glenn and he played pretty well for us.

But nope, lets get another clone of EVERY WR on our current team. Holley is exactly like everyone we have. That is not how you put together a wide receiving corps.