1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN Blog: '4th and Long' - Finalist *Spoilers* - Merge

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,138 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    My favorite part of the show was when they showed the new stadium - you season ticket holders are a lucky bunch and I hate you all very much.
  2. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Maybe HB vs. LB. watch.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Holley was a better football player than basketball player at UNC. But he still isn't good enough.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,045 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received
  5. Whiskey Cowboy

Whiskey Cowboy Member

223 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Hey I have no problems with that...but I doubt Jerry is stupid enough to do this next year...basically giving a roster spot away is just bad business
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,045 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received
    You have so many roster spots available at that time of the year and with the option to cut a player at any time that I think its a great idea to see if there is someone out on the streets with the desire to play.

Plus it makes great TV and everyone will be watching Holley.

Its a win - win situation to have this show imo.
  7. MWILL

MWILL Fear the Afro

952 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please! Stop putting these WR's on a pedestal.

Roy and Patrick are here to stay, the others are mystery meat or injury prone. Both Holley and Hawkins (if he was picked) has a chance to make the squad.

Hurd is a lock to get hurt again.
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I'm not, I actually understand the roles of our guys on the depth chart including their play and production from previous years. I also understand whats behind them on the depth chart.

Hurd was available for 15 out of 16 games as a rookie, was available for all 16 games in 2007, it was only last year that he's had an injury. I would call that a FAIL on your part.
  9. Whiskey Cowboy

Whiskey Cowboy Member

223 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I may agree with you if Holley makes some noise in training camp, but the way I see it as of now, these guys may look good on tv on a reality tv show.
    But what happens when they strap it up against the real pro's. I have no confidence that Holley will make any impact (and believe me I hope I am wrong) There is a reason these guys aren't on an NFL roster. It may make for good reality TV but that is all IMO...
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    2005 champs had Raymond Felton as PG. Jawad Williams, Sean May, Marvin Williams were the other starters with David Noel, Reyshawn Terry, Melvin Scott and Jackie Manuel were the other guys who played minutes. Holley didn't.
  11. RoadRunner

RoadRunner New Member

2,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I told you this was going to happen because a lot of you only look for speed, you don't look at all the rest of the picture and Holley was just flat out better all around than Hawkins or any of the others. It was clear as day, and Hawkins made more than just one bad play. Holley was by far the best of the lot and I never doubted that he would win of that group. And Holley clan block and tackle whereas Hawkins is a midget that will get steamrolled. We need more than just some guy who can run fast.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,045 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received
    Oh my.

Yeah the only thing I looked at was speed. Silly me.
  13. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was the most anticlimactic ending to a reality show that I have ever seen.

They were just standing there. Then Irvin blurts out the name.

We all already knew what name he was going to announce too.

And when Holley says Jerry, 'You won't be disappointed, I promise.'

That was way too similiar to a phrase another big WR once said to him.

:lmao2:
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,045 Messages
    2,273 Likes Received

Oh the ending was bad. Besides the fact they picked the wrong guy they wrapped the show up in about 4 minutes.

Fans should have got to see the debate as to why they picked Holley over Hawkins.

I can't believe they just went with Holley and gave no reason for not picking the other 2.
  15. MWILL

MWILL Fear the Afro

952 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's good. You scared me just a bit. :D
  16. MWILL

MWILL Fear the Afro

952 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm tuning in on the Irving show tomorrow (that's if Michael's back ofcourse)
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

I dont think anyone needs a reason for Smith. He sucked, but was the best of the horrible DBs.

Its a shame for Hawkins though, who outperformed everyone in SPECIAL TEAMS, and was clearly the most versatile player.

Holley made some great catches tonight, but runs poor routes, and dropped passes in every episode except tonights. Hawkins had a motor on him, and never gave up. I hope someone gives him a shot someday. Kid was fun to watch.

Holley is our pick so Ill support him, but I seriously think he is no where close to the player Hawkins is. Its a shame he isnt two inches taller!
  18. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Holley can give Stanback a run for hie spot

In training camp two years ago Holley lasted all the way until the last day of cuts on quite possibly the best WR corps in the league (Bengals - Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Chris Henry, Antonio Chapman).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/players/Jesse_Holley/

Sep 6, 2007: Re-signed by the Cincinnato Bengals to the practice squad.
    Sep 1, 2007: Released by the Cincinnati Bengals.
    May 2, 2007: Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Cincinnati Bengals.
    May 2, 2007: Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Cincinnati Bengals.
  19. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  20. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,572 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    Congrats to Holley! Hopefully he takes advantage of this rare opportunity.