1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Bob Sturm: Dez breaking out as star; Brooking can't play in pass coverage

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 26, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,128 Messages
    6,909 Likes Received
    Posted at 4:17 PM on Sun., Sep. 26, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    SportsDayDFW sports [IMG] Bio | [IMG] E-mail | [IMG] News tips

More from Bob Sturm on the Cowboys' win over Houston:

On other heroes of the game: Dez Bryant (4 catches, 50 yards) jumps off the page. You always wonder if a rookie is up for the NFL game. But I think we've seen he doesn't play like a rookie in many regards. He desperately wants the ball. And when he gets it, he desperately wants to go to the end zone. He is not timid. He doesn't fear contact. It was interesting they were using him to pick on (Houston rookie) Kareem Jackson as if Dez was an old veteran. In this bye week, they are going to spend time figuring out how to make him a bigger weapon. And I would expect that three-receiver look with Miles, Dez and Roy to be the predominant look for the remainder of the season.

Read a little more Bob: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/bob-sturm-dez-bryant-breaking.html
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,240 Messages
    4,565 Likes Received
    More from Bob Sturm on the Cowboys' win over Houston:

On other heroes of the game: Dez Bryant (4 catches, 50 yards) jumps off the page. You always wonder if a rookie is up for the NFL game. But I think we've seen he doesn't play like a rookie in many regards. He desperately wants the ball. And when he gets it, he desperately wants to go to the end zone. He is not timid. He doesn't fear contact. It was interesting they were using him to pick on (Houston rookie) Kareem Jackson as if Dez was an old veteran. In this bye week, they are going to spend time figuring out how to make him a bigger weapon. And I would expect that three-receiver look with Miles, Dez and Roy to be the predominant look for the remainder of the season.

LINK to article
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No but people wanted to dump Roy Williams... Man this trio (Austin, Williams and Bryant) is going to cause nightmares for teams.

Agree about the part concerning Brooking, they NEED to find a 3rd down nickel LBer!!!
  4. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,191 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received

I don't see why B Church wouldn't be able to play nickle LB. He is a solid tackler and his coverage ability is about 1000 times better than Brooking.
  5. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree and I think the team will experiment with that over the bye week - esp. if Sara Lee can't get on the field and none of the 15 Williams' can learn the nickel.
  6. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,114 Messages
    879 Likes Received
    I'd love for Williams to become consistently productive, but don't forget that the Texans pass defense is absolutely atrocious.