1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Call him `Coach' Erik Williams

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 28, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,122 Messages
    6,907 Likes Received
    Posted at 3:15 PM on Sat., Aug. 28, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Gerry Fraley / Reporter [IMG] Bio | [IMG] E-mail | [IMG] News tips

From the Dept. of Whatever Happened To: Former Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle Erik Williams has surfaced as an assistant high-school coach in Brandywine, Del.

Williams responded to an advertisement seeking assistant coaches. He previously had been involved in youth camps near his home in Bear, Del.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/call-him-coach-erik-williams.html
  2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    one of my favorite all time offensive linemen until he screwed up and almost killed himself--his manhandling of Reggie White is a classic
  3. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

709 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    you're correct, i wonder how many Cboy fans remember when E W. totally shout down Reggis White in a playoff game. During the kneel down to end the game Reggie embraced Eric as if to say congrats i couldn't do nothing with you. CLASSIC.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of my favorite offensive lineman ever... The only man I saw knock the hell out of the late great Reggie White.
  5. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

357 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I remember watching a Strahan interview where he talked about Erik Williams. Erik was a mean dude on the field. He told Strahan to, "Take your *** whoopin' like a man!" He was phenomenal before that accident.
  6. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    EW vs Reggie White was legendary.
  7. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,372 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Cool, good news and good for Erik. He deserves the credit he gets, he was amazing.

Lucky kids, getting to learn from a pro like Erik. Guess college coaches should start scouting delaware high schools for linemen in a few years.