1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DMN Blog: Call him `Coach' Erik Williams

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 28, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

72,212 Messages
    15,341 Likes Received
    Posted at 3:15 PM on Sat., Aug. 28, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Gerry Fraley / Reporter [​IMG] Bio | [​IMG] E-mail | [​IMG] News tips

From the Dept. of Whatever Happened To: Former Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle Erik Williams has surfaced as an assistant high-school coach in Brandywine, Del.

Williams responded to an advertisement seeking assistant coaches. He previously had been involved in youth camps near his home in Bear, Del.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/call-him-coach-erik-williams.html

2. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,199 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    one of my favorite all time offensive linemen until he screwed up and almost killed himself--his manhandling of Reggie White is a classic

3. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

886 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    you're correct, i wonder how many Cboy fans remember when E W. totally shout down Reggis White in a playoff game. During the kneel down to end the game Reggie embraced Eric as if to say congrats i couldn't do nothing with you. CLASSIC.

4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of my favorite offensive lineman ever... The only man I saw knock the hell out of the late great Reggie White.

5. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

428 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I remember watching a Strahan interview where he talked about Erik Williams. Erik was a mean dude on the field. He told Strahan to, "Take your *** whoopin' like a man!" He was phenomenal before that accident.

6. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,276 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    EW vs Reggie White was legendary.

7. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,676 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Cool, good news and good for Erik. He deserves the credit he gets, he was amazing.

Lucky kids, getting to learn from a pro like Erik. Guess college coaches should start scouting delaware high schools for linemen in a few years.