1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Cowboys open final Bears practice, for a price

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 15, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,536 Messages
    3,382 Likes Received
    Posted at 1:39 PM on Wed., Sep. 15, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Gerry Fraley / Reporter [IMG] Bio | [IMG] E-mail | [IMG] News tips

The Dallas Cowboys will hold their final practice this week at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. The Saturday morning walk-through, normally a closed and tightly guarded affair, will be open to anyone who pays up for a tour.

The walk-through, which will include taking of the team photograph, is part of the newly hatched ``Rally Days'' promotoion.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/cowboys-open-final-bears-pract.html
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Saturday's walkthrough open to public
    September, 15, 2010 Sep 153:20PM CTEmail Print Comments By Tim MacMahonIRVING, Texas – Jerry Jones’ promotion of the Cowboys is apparently a bigger priority than privacy of practice.

The Cowboys’ walkthrough Saturday will be open to the public for a price. Fans simply have to pay the regular price to tour Cowboys Stadium, which ranges from $14.50 to $27.50. It’s part of the Cowboys’ “Rally Days,” which will take place on the Saturdays before four home games and include photo opportunities and autographs from Cowboys alumni.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

OL coach optimistic about Marc Colombo
    September, 15, 2010 Sep 153:36PM CTEmail Print Comments By Tim MacMahonIRVING, Texas -- Offensive line coach Hudson Houck is optimistic that Marc Colombo can return to form.

Houck hadn't seen Colombo practice yet when he made his comments Wednesday morning, but he definitely came across as a coach who was counting on having his starting right tackle return to the lineup.

"I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what that part is," Houck said, referring to Colombo's recovery from a scope on his right knee. "But mentally, no issue whatsoever. The guy is as mentally tough as any guy I’ve ever been around. He will play hard.
  3. Skinsmaniac

Skinsmaniac Boycotting Snyder since 2009

1,447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember other teams could send scouts to the Redskins training camp when Snyder made people pay for admission. Is that rule limited to training camp?
  4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,547 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Gosh, its almost like Jerry's going broke or something. j/k
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,536 Messages
    3,382 Likes Received
    They're not charging to watch practice. They're charging their normal fee for the stadium tours.

And this particular practice is simply a walkthrough. Don't know wat could be gained from watching it...by either a scout or fan.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,508 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    Wade was asked 20 times about this at the PC today and said, "What they see at that walkthrough won't be what they see at the game."

So the Bears can come on and see the practice?

"Come on."

(I still hate when Jerry does stuff like this. Reminds me of Hard Knocks.)
  7. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    The Bears wouldn't be allowed to pay for a tour and watch practice. If we were charging specifically to watch practice, then they could, but the charge is for the tour.
  8. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,237 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    That may be one of the dumbest quotes I've read, ever. Good Lord