1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: DE Jason Hatcher, OL Derrick Dockery returning to practice Wednesday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 24, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    By Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

4:05 PM on Mon., Oct. 24, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- Cowboys defensive end Jason Hatcher and offensive guard Derrick Dockery will return to practice Wednesday after missing the last few weeks with injuries.

Hatcher injured his left calf in the home opener against Washington in Week 3. Dockery suffered a slight fracture of his right tibia and a sprained MCL in his right knee in Week 2 at San Francisco.

"If I do good Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I plan to play Sunday," Hatcher said. "I'm feeling good. I haven't had nobody push on me or come off the ball on me."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/cowboys-de-jason-hatcher-ol-de.html
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Good news here.
  3. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Good time for everyone to be getting healthy.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    If Hatcher picks up where he left off he'll be a huge addition on the defense.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good stuff.

Props to Spears for holdin' it down while Hatch was out.
  6. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    This is EXCELLENT news. Hatch was balling before he went out. Now we have our defense at 100% just in time for then "Dream Team" :)
  7. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,985 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Let's suffocate Philly and put them away.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Woot! Awesome to get Hatcher back. When he first got hurt, I was really afraid it was an achilles.
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah Hatcher will be a nice addition to an already stout front 7...
  10. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,699 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Well said!! Philly is in trouble. I love RR running this D.
  11. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,341 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Ohhh can't wait till Hatcher gets back in the lineup. Vick will be running for his life.
  12. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,888 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    imagine the depth with spears rotating in for hatcher on run downs. Man. A fresh jatliff and hatcher. Look out vick. (thats what his lineman will be saying...lol).
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,242 Messages
    1,404 Likes Received
    I can picture both Hatcher and Spears as two Wiley Coyotes with the Roadrunner, Vick, in a deathgrip around the throat stating: 'Beep, beep, my arse.'
  14. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I agree. We must retain him at all cost. Make him Vice Head Coach or something...increase his salary...anything to make sure he stays a Cowboy. I haven't been this confident in the defense in a long time. And we haven't even seen the best yet.
  15. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,382 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Great News on both players.
  16. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    "That ain't even been brought up and it's not even a concern of mine," Hatcher said. "My thing is, I've been here the whole time and whenever I come back, whatever I'll be, I'll be. I'll be back and do my part. We have fun over here. We don't bicker about who is a starter and who is not. We've got a great six-man rotation so anybody can play. At the end of the day, guys are going to get snaps, so we're not worried about who is starting and who is not."

Wow, what happened to the Jason Hatcher that tweeted after the season that he can't wait to play for a "real team" or whatever it was he said?