1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Duke's Coach K on Jason Garrett: 'I can see why he was chosen to be the HC

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 19, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,856 Likes Received
    BySportsDayDFW sports

websports@dallasnews.com | Bio

5:55 PM on Tue., Apr. 19, 2011 | Permalink
    Jon Machota / Special contributor to SportsDayDFW.com

When Mike Krzyzewski talks, he effortlessly turns into a coach. He can speak at length on nearly any topic and no matter how much you dislike his Duke basketball team, he'll have you believing every word of his message.

But there's a side to Coach K that many are not familiar with.

It's his humor.

And it was unleashed Tuesday at Dallas' Hilton Anatole Hotel when the coach with four national titles discussed the three February days he spent with Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/dukes-coach-k-on-jason-garrett.html
  2. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,178 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I'm impressed more and more by Jason. Jerry almost waited too long. This is Tom Landry reincarnated.
  3. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Active Member

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Garrett clearly understands "the process" and is doing everything he can to get better.

No doubt it rubs off on our team, and the things he has learned will be soaked up.

This will be a great season.
  4. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,312 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Jason simply understands the type of excellence a coach such as coach K exemplifies, he will do the same in short order!:starspin
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    With every it of news that comes out on Garrett, I get more excited.
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,510 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    Coach K pulling for Jason Garrett in his first season
    Duke legend wants Cowboys coach to succeed
    Brad Biggs

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...ason-Garrett-in-his-first-season.html&team=97

Mike Krzyzewski says he still remains a fan of the Chicago Bears, but he’s certainly hoping Jason Garrett gets off to a good start in his first season as the coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

Garrett spent three days at Duke during February in a visit arranged by Calvin Hill, the father of former Blue Devils star Grant Hill and a Cowboys employee. Garrett soaked up everything he could from Krzyzewski, looking for things he could pattern in a football program from one of the greats in college basketball.

“I can see why he was chosen to be the head coach," Krzyzewski said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "He's very good. I can see why you would want to work with him or work for him. He's got good stuff, good charisma, smarts. I would think he'd be very much a player's coach

"I loved it. I found him to be just a real humble, great guy. And very smart. We had a lot of time one-on-one because after practice or whatever, I'd drive him back to the hotel. It was neat for me to talk to another head coach and get his insights....
  7. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Landry won two Super Bowl titles (VI, XII), 5 NFC titles, 13 Divisional titles, and compiled a 270-178-6 record, the 3rd most wins of all time for an NFL coach. His 20 career playoff victories are the most of any coach in NFL history. He was named the NFL Coach of the Year in 1966 and the NFC Coach of the Year in 1975.

Jason Garrett 5-3

Just sayin
  8. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's be real here, if Landry had been the HC today with his same record after his first 5 season, he would have been fired. No Cowboys fan would have been willing to wait one day longer for him to be gone.