1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Ex-NFL coach blasts publicity over Dez Bryant's $55,000 meal

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 30, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,380 Messages
    2,225 Likes Received
    Posted at 12:48 PM on Wed., Sep. 29, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    SportsDayDFW sports [IMG] Bio | [IMG] E-mail | [IMG] News tips

Former NFL head coach Herm Edwards blasted the publicity given to the $55,000 meal Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant helped purchase for his teammates on Wednesday.

Edwards admitted last week that if he could coach one team, it would be the Cowboys.

Edwards said on ESPN-TV that he understands why rookies might get stuck with the bill, especially after he refused to carry Roy Williams' pads during training camp.

But Edwards scolded the situation for being out of touch with regular fans.
    "You don't need the attention," Edwards said, as transcribed by USA Today. "In our economy, we don't need to be talking about guys going to dinner paying $55,000."

Edwards said that the Cowboys were out of line to reveal it. "Those guys should have done that privately," he said, "not talked about how much it cost."

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/ex-nfl-coach-blasts-publicity.html
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,565 Messages
    125 Likes Received
  3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,857 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Herman Edward? Uh, NO!
  4. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,126 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Modern media coverage is such a beat-down,,, it's 24-7 and every single thing is considered "news-worthy" and every single person with any notoriety has to pass judgment and make their opinion known. When did we all become Jerry Springer/ Judge Judy drones?
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Who really care what Herm thinks. I doubt the Cowboy player, coaches or management are planning to check with Herman before they make a move or say anything.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

6,847 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Sounds like one hecka of meal and a fun night, don't have a problem with it atall Herm.

Coaches like Phillips don't go far enough while Coaches like Edwards can go too far.

BTW, where was Herm Edwards when Sean Peyton was celebrating the SuperBowl by spending thousands of dollars on bottles of outragously priced Wine.

:rolleyes:
  7. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

590 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    He knows that no one gives a **** about the Saints.
  8. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,592 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    Exactly. And BTW,even if it was 55 large,that money goes back into the economy,doesn't it? I mean,I bet there were some really happy wait staff at that restaurant.
  9. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,259 Messages
    5 Likes Received
  10. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,642 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Herm is just saying that he thinks it's tacky that the players came out and talked about spending so much, not that they did it in the first place. I can't even disagree with him, but I wouldn't generally voice my opinion about it, because it's their business if they want to talk about it.
  11. yrades

yrades Member

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We all know how much professional athletes make. At least they're spending it. Tell that to the 5 or 6 people waiting on them that split a cool 10,000 tip.
    Spend it boys, your helping the economy. don't worry, the nfl will take care of you when you run out of money and can no longer play.:cunning:
  12. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,956 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Was Herm producing a documentary about irresponsible spending when Jerry forked over $1.3 billion on a new stadium?

Herm has to be in the bottom 5 of NFL people I give a rip over what they have to say.
  13. BigDinAZ

BigDinAZ Active Member

1,401 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What Herm doesn't realize is they are really fueling the economy. That $55K will go to a US business, who will then buy product from other US businesses, who will then buy there stuff from US businesses, and on and on and on.....

Not to mention the wait staff. That tip will pay there bills here in the US, and fuel that family to spend more money here in the US. It's a wonderful cycle.

Thank You Dez for fueling the American Economy!!!

Dallas Cowboys = America's Team!!!!!

:)