1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DMN Blog: Marshall Faulk: 'I don't like the Cowboys,' the current team has let down..

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 8, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

72,272 Messages
    15,594 Likes Received
    Marshall Faulk: 'I don't like the Cowboys,' the current team has let down the Triplets

By

Jon Machota / Special Contributor

jonmachota32@yahoo.com | Bio
    10:58 AM on Thu., Sep. 8, 2011 | Permalink

Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk recently declared on the NFL Network that he doesn't like the Cowboys.

"I don't like the Cowboys," Faulk said. "I admire what Jerry Jones has built. I hold that team, because of you (speaking to Irvin), Emmitt (Smith) and Troy (Aikman), to a high, high, high level of esteem. And I believe that that team has let you guys down because you defend them."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/09/marshall-faulk-i-dont-like-the.html

2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Marshall Faulk ??

:zzz:

3. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,468 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Marshall doesn't like the 'Boys? Wow, he really hid that well.

4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Breaking News:

Marshall doesn't like the Dallas Cowboys. :(

YOU JUST FOUND OUT??

5. LandryFan

LandryFan Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000 Zone Supporter

4,830 Messages
    2,378 Likes Received
    Does any Cowboys player or fan really give a rat's *** whether Faulk likes the team or not? I'd really like to take his new yellow coat, wipe my butt with it, and in the best style of Antonio Bryant, throw it in his face.

6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another media-quotes-other-media-saying-stuff story.

Laziness isn't news.

7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Marshall Faulk blah blah blah no one's listening"

8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    The feeling is mutual Marshall

9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,839 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    I can see where Marshall is coming from....since the exit of the triplets, the team has really been one disappointment after another. We love em, but they have been mediocre at best.

Maybe now that we have a real head coach, a talent rich lockerroom, and a sense of the organization's history, maybe we can once again climb back to where we should be, among the elites in the league.

10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

86,237 Messages
    8,913 Likes Received
    [youtube]RWsc6zIAvQk[/youtube]

Greatest joke on turf. :laugh2:

11. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member

4,260 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    Dallas is 83-77 over the last 10 years, which works out to a .519 winning percentage, 2 division titles and 1-4 playoff record. About as middle of the pact as you get.

Emmitt, Troy & Michael set a different standard for sure and one the team has not lived up to over the last 10 years for the many reasons we are all aware.

So I have a hard time in finding fault in what he said, but I also believe we have turned a new page with JG and if we do everyone's perceptions including Faulks should change.

What did Bill use to say, you are what your record says you are.

12. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    For all of the Faulk supporters in the thread. Nobody is saying what he said is wrong. It's how he said it.

"I don't like the Cowboys."

That's what is so funny, because it isn't anything new. Everyone knows he hates the Cowboys and has since he got his cush job at NFLN.

To be honest, he isn't smart. He isn't an X and O guy. He is just your normal talking head. He brings absolutely nothing to the debate that you or I couldn't do.

Dukes and Faulk are laughable.

13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

29,077 Messages
    6,183 Likes Received
    Hats off to Biggems and boysfanindc. Instead of the typical whining done about what a media expert/ex-player, they actually analyzed why Faulk offered the opinion that he did.

Could it be that other players hold the Cowboys to the standard that some of us here do and are disgusted based on how low Jerry Jones has let this franchise sink?

Nah, just typical, unmerited Cowboy hate. :)

14. Doomsday101

86,237 Messages
    8,913 Likes Received
    Exactly. By the way why no dogging his former team the Rams?

15. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2: I see your beating the old same dead horse and being the protector of all media outlets world wide.

haha-U

tyke here supposedly works in the journalism world folks, hence the need to protect his house, so to speak.

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

16. Doomsday101

86,237 Messages
    8,913 Likes Received
    Because the Cowboys let some one else down, so making claims of not liking them makes sense? :laugh2:

17. tyke1doe

29,077 Messages
    6,183 Likes Received
    I didn't hear the interview. Did you?

Were they discussing the best teams in the NFL? Were they talking about the best franchises?

Yes, context does matter.

But it seems to be the statement "I don't like the Cowboys" is followed by his reason. And what I gather, he doesn't like the fact that the Cowboys haven't lived up to the standard the Cowboys were known for, i.e., winning football.

You can't take his "I don't like the Cowboys" statement out of context. Taken as an exclusive statement, it shoulds like he downed a bottle of haterade. But taken with the rest of the comments provided above, he's giving a reason why he doesn't like the team.

18. tyke1doe

29,077 Messages
    6,183 Likes Received
    As always, you address the person rather than the logic and context of what is being said.

Well done, sir. :clap: Well done. :)

19. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    2 Likes Received

For you to sit here and try and defend Faulk after all of the stupid and rediculous things he has said about this organization is beyond dumb.

Go ahead though..defend him bro...makes you look kinda silly though.

We all know he of all people on the NFLN hate the Cowboys.

Beat your drum though....we get it.

20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The only thing more predicatable than Faulk hating the Cowboys is tyke defending Faulk hating the Cowboys.

Although, the "Faulk has logic on his side" defense is a nice change of pace, as opposed to the usual "Faulk doesn't have to make sense or be logical, he's on TV to rile you up because that's his job" defense.