1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Martellus Bennett discusses offseason

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 27, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,238 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received

By SportsDayDFW sports
    websports@dallasnews.com | Bio
    11:25 PM on Sun., Jun. 26, 2011 | Permalink

Dallas Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett has been doing his offseason training at the Michael Johnson Performance Center in McKinney.

The Texas A&M product has even added boxing to his conditioning regimen.

Bennett confirmed that he and his Cowboys teammates worked out for a month at an undisclosed location. He added that he has also worked with Cowboys starting quarterback Tony Romo and reserve quarterback Stephen McGee when Romo is not around.

"We did a whole month of team stuff, and then Tony got married. He's probably still on his honeymoon. I don't know where he's at," Bennett quipped. "Me and Steve try to get together at least once or twice a week. I get out there and run some routes and go through the plays because you know all the plays, but when you don't hear them all the time, you're kind of like, 'Oh, what does that mean again?'

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/06/martellus-bennett-discusses-of.html
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    by KD Drummond on Jun 27, 2011 2:00 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys News

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/6/27/2246660/martellus-bennett-talks-work-outs-and-lock-outs

[IMG]

Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett is keeping himself in shape in the lull following a month of player-led workouts. After posing a question earlier in the offseason about a quarterback competition, Bennett took flak from a lot of fans. That statement was softened by head coach Jason Garrett's quip that all players need competition to get the best performance out of them. Bennett himself is expected to see some competition for his playing time with the return of the legendary John Phillips from injury. That is in jest, as Phillips has inherited the backup quarterback syndrome; when a player with a limited sample size is projected to future greatness a tad prematurely. According to DMN.com, Bennett has been training at the Michael Johnson Performance Center in McKinney, TX.

The Texas A&M product has even added boxing to his conditioning regimen.

Bennett confirmed that he and his Cowboys teammates worked out for a month at an undisclosed location. He added that he has also worked with Cowboys starting quarterback Tony Romo and reserve quarterback Stephen McGee when Romo is not around.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,572 Messages
    1,713 Likes Received
    Is "when Romo's not around" code for when Bennett shows up late and everyone has already practiced and gone home?
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Romo's doing a great job."

"(T)he owners are super smart ...."

"I just can't wait to get back out there with my teammates."