1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: DMN Blog: Mike Mayock rips Barron: 'Get your butt down!'...w/video

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 17, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,223 Messages
    7,042 Likes Received
    NFL Network analyst rips into Alex Barron: 'Get your butt down!'

[IMG] Posted at 3:38 PM on Thu., Sep. 16, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    SportsDayDFW sports [IMG] Bio | [IMG] E-mail | [IMG] News tips

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock outlined on TV his disdain for Cowboys offensive lineman Alex Barron's performance in the loss to the Redskins.

Here's what Mayock said, as transcribed by Shutdown Corner

Mayock went after Barron for bad technique at the point of attack. "You've got [safety LaRon] Landry coming into the hole -- that is a defensive back! All you've gotta do is move your feet -- don't overextend! Move your feet, you get overextended, Landry makes the play from behind. Poor job by Alex Barron ... against a third-level player."

Second example -- more bad form. "Now, he's going to be too high against a bull rush. In the pass rush, get your butt down! Let me see that again; that was horrible. SIT DOWN like you're sitting on a seat. Jack him up! You're going to get walked back into your quarterback, and that forces Romo off his spot."

Read more from Mayock: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/nfl-network-analyst-rips-into.html

Click this link to watch the video of Mayock.
  2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,532 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I saw that the other day, Mayock is great. He really broke down Barron and made me realize just how bad he really was.
  3. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,017 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Should have heard Mike go after Barron Sunday night on NFL Network after the game. It was classic Mike. He was almost screaming! I love Michael Irvin and his passion for the Cowboys!
  4. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,017 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    What makes it so bad is that you know Barron has been coached this stuff since he first started playing the position. He' s just too lazy to apply technique in a game.

Typical FSU player. Talented, yet overhyped, lazy and apathetic about the game.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,864 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    That was the first thing that I noticed in preseason that made me not like him .. he leans forward too much when blocking.

-Reality
  6. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,225 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Mayok might be the best out there.
  7. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Yeah Barron sucks.. but people forget that Dallas, even when they ran towards the side of Barron, was killing the Redskins and the time they actually scored, they ran twice towards his side... Barron's play doesn't excuse Garrett...
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's funny how this line is seemingly great for run-blocking. Yet Garrett passes 65% of the time.
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    I don't mind the ratio if he knows how to keep the defenses guessing.. The problem is, he does it from shotgun, minus the play-action... There is a reason why our line gets beat by quick rushers... Garrett makes it so easy for them...