1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Observations from Cowboys training camp practice Monday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 15, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,091 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
    By

Rainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio
    7:31 PM on Mon., Aug. 15, 2011 | Permalink

Here are my observations from Monday's practice:

• With QB Jon Kitna unable to practice, Stephen McGee led the second-team offense. Meanwhile, reserve QB Tom Brandstater, who was signed last week, received more repetitions than he has since he joined the team.

• Rookie Bill Nagy worked at first-team left guard, a position that has yet to be settled after Kyle Kosier moved to the right side.

• DE Kenyon Coleman was working with the first team in place of Igor Olshansky, who has struggled so far in the preseason. Olshansky made only two assisted tackles in the Cowboys' 24-23 victory over Denver last Thursday.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/08/observations-from-cowboys-trai-2.html
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Ugh.. Holland. I cant believe they are going to try n trot him out there to start. Just let go already and go with the youngsters. They cant be any worse. Dont give me they trust Holland more. I dont care. He will never be n shape enough to full time start. With his issues with health and all, you cant trust him. It just makes no sense.
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anything to force Choice off the roster.
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RB Lonyae Miller had several good runs, forcing his way into the second level

he shows but just in practice

I love it if Tanner would beat Miller and Choice out

but I think Tanner might be on the PS

but theres got to be some big back after cuts that can pick up a yard or two when needed