1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Observations from Day 12 of Cowboys training camp practice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,007 Messages
    5,494 Likes Received
    By

Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    5:33 PM on Tue., Aug. 9, 2011 | Permalink

OBSERVATION DECK:
    Here's what I saw from the Cowboys' 12th training camp practice Tuesday afternoon at the Alamodome in San Antonio:

• Rookie CB Josh Thomas of Cedar Hill had a good day. Thomas came on a blitz from the inside early in team drills and would have sacked QB Jon Kitna. He then broke up a pass by Tony Romo intended for WR Jesse Holley.

Later, Thomas intercepted a pass from QB Tom Brandstater down the right sideline that was intended for rookie WR Dwayne Harris.

• The Cowboys' afternoon practice was without pads for the first time since Day 2 of training camp.

• Undrafted rookie free agent LB Orie Lemon (Oklahoma State) continued to impress. Early in team drills, he would have sacked QB Stephen McGee.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/08/observations-from-day-12-of-co.html
  2. punit328

punit328 Active Member

694 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I like what i'm hearing about this Orie Lemon kid. I hope he can keep it up once the games start. Do you see them keeping 5 inside linebackers?
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,617 Messages
    1,088 Likes Received
    Probably not because it's so hard to put together a 53 man roster and keep all the udfa guys that are doing well. But if Carter goes on PUP that could open up a spot for him at least for 6 weeks. Or cut Brooking.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,165 Messages
    1,517 Likes Received
    More likely that they just cut Brooking..

James, Lee, Carter, and Lemon. Might be a bit of a stretch but wouldn't bother me. Still need to see if Lemon can make plays in game action though.
  5. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,718 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Ogletree another drop today:(
  6. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,103 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    i do not see brookings released. the coaching staff is just saving brookings for the start of the season. i see brookings playing in the third and fourth preaseason games.
  7. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,103 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    we still need a receiver. i think the coaching staff will wait until after the first game and sign a proven receiver.
  8. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,718 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    if they were going to do that they should have signed D.Mason
  9. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,520 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Don't worry about. Of course we don't know if it was 1 drop and 3 catches and none of the catches were spectacular there for leaving the reporter to exclude them, so it looks more like a "story". I wouldn't worry at all.
  10. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,520 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Oh that makes sense? Oh sign a WR who missed all of camp has no rythm with ROMO and doesn't know the playbook? Very Very doubtful actually I would say chances are 90% things will stay the same. I swear this topic has been beaten to death. You can't beat a dead horse. Otree or Harris will be the #3 deal with it people. We are going to get our younger guys experience to help build the future for years to come. They don't become proven unless they play.
  11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,526 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    C'mon now. White was a failure at LB, but a HOFer at DT. These guys really need to proof their stuff better.
  12. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    The FO would be absolutely crazy not to keep 5 ILBs considering the health questions about the four we know we'll be keeping. If we go with just four, we're asking for a lot of trouble IMO.
    var fctb_tool=null; function APTcicsia3x5(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); }
  13. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,460 Messages
    394 Likes Received

Lemon is slower, but may be more ready than Albright.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,526 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    I like Lemon, but Albright has been a playmaker so far. Stash Lemon on PS, take a chance on the more versatile Albright.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,390 Messages
    8,293 Likes Received
    I agree.
  16. polinskijr

polinskijr Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brooking, folks, just for the record . . .I see it many times, but it is Keith Brooking