1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN Blog: Scrimmage observations, notes & unofficial stats

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jlust22, Aug 5, 2006.

1. PacoReloaded

PacoReloaded New Member

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wha..?? Julius having problems finding room yet again while Barber doesn't seem to have any problems?

Sounds like deja vu.
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,367 Likes Received
    I think it's ironic that on a day when Dallas had one franchise QB inducted into the hall of fame... that Henson took his first step towards greatness in today's scrimmage. The torch has officially been passed. :rolleyes:
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    sarcasm? :D
  4. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well spoken Cowboy. Our depth has dramatically improved on the defense. It sounds like we have some depth on the offensive side as well in a number of positions....with perhaps the exception of the O-Line. Even with the glowing early comments on Hurd, I'm also a bit worried about depth at the WR position. We'll see how it goes.
  5. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,544 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Parcellls has said that he wants to get the OL players assigned to their slots soon so that the starting group can play together as a unit.

I wonder if the slotting during the scrimmage reflects the way Parcells is leaning right now: Pettite backing Flozell Adams at LT and Columbo starting ahead of Fabini at RT.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,329 Messages
    2,209 Likes Received

I'll be more positive about our pass rush potential after we've played some teams with better offensive lines than our our own.
  8. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,510 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Sounds like Parcells is having a look how Petitti can do as the swingman, while giving Colombo the shot at starting RT. I like it, I'm rooting for Colombo...we might have lucked out with a guy.

Bledsoe's numbers did not look great. Henson's numbers look great. This is only 1 scrimmage though.

Henson is progressing, and since they want to look at Romo this season anyhow, that's all you can ask. He has physical tools that Romo doesn't and at least another year to further develop.

But I am rooting for both Romo/Henson. I've just never been big on Bledsoe...at some point (like all players) he is going to hit the wall in his career and start to decline...I hope that isn't this season. And no, it's not this scrimmage that makes me feel this way.
  9. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,101 Messages
    1,367 Likes Received
    Most likely. :)
  10. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Try taking your own advice.
  11. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I don't think that's funny at all. It annoys the piss out of me.